Groundglass casting is seeking a casting assistant for ongoing contract work. The initial contract will be four weeks.
We encourage and welcome diversity.
- Monitoring busy social media accounts (namely Facebook and Instagram). Replying to messages, replying to comments, etc.
- Increasing followers and engagement on channels by way of regular “brand engagement” posts, as well as helping with casting call posts.
- Uploading self-tapes and other media management tasks
- Following up with applicants
- Assisting with research and outreach on jobs that require “real people” casting
- You’re based in Toronto
- You’re a post-secondary graduate of a college or university program, ideally in a media-related field of study.
- You ideally have social media monitoring/marketing experience as an asset. At the very least, you should be social media savvy and on Facebook and Instagram
- Ideally, you have research experience
- Casting experience an asset but not mandatory
- Some experience in production/advertising an asset
- You must have your own computer and cell phone with a Canada-wide ld plan.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Confident making cold-calls
- Positive, solution-focused attitude
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluent in french an asset, but not mandatory