Why Work For Journeys?
- We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
- You’ll see the results of your hard work in your paycheck. Work hard, earn good money. Work harder, earn great money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
- Our store environment is unique
- We offer excellent benefits
To assist Store Manager and Manager In Training with recruiting, hiring, training, and managing store personnel to achieve store and personal sales plan, control expenses, and protect company assets.
Essential Job Functions
- Meet and exceed personal and store sales goals and standards of performance.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring of high-caliber employees with in-store needs.
- Assist in training and developing a successful sales team.
- Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all employees.
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the company.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store operations in Store Manager and Manager In Training’s absence.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention practices in Store Manager and Manager In Training’s absence.
- Effectively communicate all store needs to Store Manager and Manager In Training
- Resolve customer issues effectively.
- Provide a fun, full-service experience to all customers.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team.
- Bank Deposits
- Open/Closing the store
- Prior management experience in a retail environment preferred.
- 6-12 months of retail sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 45 hours per week.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Completed all training programs leading up to the Co-Manager position.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Must be at least 18 years of age.