Customer Service / Sales Associates provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance. They have an emphasis on department and product knowledge, providing information on product features, and knowing related items to sell an entire project.
Hourly Positions in The Home Depot Stores include these opportunities:
Customer Service / Sales Associate provides fast, friendly service to the customer by answering questions and helping with home improvement plans.
Store Support / Lot Associates assist customers by loading their vehicles and maintain a pleasant and clean store.
Cashiers Provide quick and accurate Checkout service to the customer at our registers
Merchandising Associates merchandise and maintain various product sets in The Home Depot to enhance the customer experience, increase sales and maximize inventory turns.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Provide fast, friendly service
- Actively seek out customers
- Ask open-ended questions about customer’s projects in order to determine their needs and level of expertise
- Describe features and benefits of merchandise
- Explain the steps needed to complete projects and the products needed
- Some Heavy lifting required; bending, kneeling, standing for extended periods of time; comfortable with ladders
- Pick, organize and verify orders for delivery or pick-up
- Utilize computer terminals and/or Home Depot portable phone to check inventory, look up orders, and notify customers when the product is ready for pick-up
- Candidates should be comfortable lifting merchandise to organize for customer pick up
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- First Aid Certification considered an asset
What sets us apart?
- Health and Dental Benefits for Full Time and Part-time associates
- Profit-Sharing and Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Training & Career Development
- Tuition Reimbursement