We pride ourselves in achieving results in operating hotels from our ability to blend the superior science of hotel management with the art and professionalism of hospitality. Are you seeking a successful company to grow with? Do you have what it takes to grow with us? We are seeking a dynamic Front Office Manager to join our team. Our Managers understand the meaning of true Customer Service; they are professional, team-oriented, possess good work ethics, and are extremely results-driven.
- The ability to direct and control the activities of the Front Office, Reservations, Guest Activities, and to ensure adherence to the Sandman Hotels Group standards, policies, and procedures.
- The ability to ensure the qualified personnel is selected hired and trained in all areas of responsibility.
- Must ensure that all personnel is kept well informed of department objectives and policies.
- The ability to ensure the proper image is being maintained by All Team Members with respect to grooming and uniform standards.
- The ability to support and participate in all hotel programs, policies and procedures with special emphasis on the orientation of new employees.
- The ability to display fair treatment with respect to disciplinary action and provide supporting documentation.
- The ability to prepare all necessary forecasts; to work closely with Reservations, Front Office, and Sales to maximize occupancy, rate, and revenue. Keeps all departments notified of any fluctuations in business levels, special guests, groups, etc.
- The ability to establish and maintain close working relationships with all departments of the hotel to ensure maximum participation, productivity, morale, and guest service.
- The ability to develop relationships with clients, return guests, group contacts, etc. to provide maximum personalized guest service.
- The ability to make suggestions for improvements in overall operations with an emphasis on increasing guest satisfaction, revenues as well as reducing costs.
- The ability to support Sandman Hotels, inns & Suites philosophy towards employee development, morale, and institute programs to ensure the effectiveness and promotion of this philosophy within the Rooms Division.
- The ability to monitor and analyze the payroll for Rooms Division to ensure
- Have previous hotel management experience, specifically in the Rooms Division Department.
- Demonstrate supervisor skills; good judgment and common sense.
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities for self and others.
Submission of a resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker. Applications will not be accepted via email or in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Group takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.