At Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. As One Parkland team, we proudly serve diverse retail, commercial and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region, and South America. We power a growing family of locally known brands including Ultramar, Bluewave Energy, Pipeline, Chevron, Columbia Fuels, Island Petroleum, and Sparlings Propane.
We recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propels us forward. We’re also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our One Parkland team.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Sales and New Business Development Representative is a crucial team member of the Commercial Fuels Group, responsible for an assigned territory based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and the surrounding region. The successful candidate for Ultramar will demonstrate industry-leading outside sales management skills and is responsible for maximizing revenue by creating, managing and implementing best-in-class sales development activities, acquiring and maintaining new accounts as well as retaining existing accounts to maximize growth.
- Achieve volume and margin sales targets for Commercial Fuels, Propane and Lubricants business with approximately 80% of the time on prospecting for new business and 20% managing existing business
- Develop a strong relationship with key accounts to maintain a high level of service and client loyalty
- Work closely with operations and support functions to facilitate solutions for the customer
- Tracks volumes, numbers and margins by reviewing sales reports
- Maintains and updates the weekly STORM software and attend sales meetings
- Keeps up-to-date and maintains an understanding of B139 codebook (oil), and B149-2-15 (propane), transportations tank regulations, federal and provincial guidelines for tank and petroleum storage and the company safety regulation
- Performs various administrative duties including preparing expense and commission reports using excel
- Willingness to travel with some overnights will be required
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3 or more years of sales experience with a proven track record of success
- Formal sales training, either on the job or formal courses
- Industry-specific knowledge and or Propane sales experience is considered an asset
- Results-oriented, good attitude to prospect, communicate and identify opportunities for success
- Experience providing excellent customer service focus crucial
- Flexible, goal-oriented, strong interpersonal, time management and organization skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean abstract
- Participation in Parkland Pledge, an employee-driven charitable giving program.
- Our Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan, an annual bonus awarding your performance.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- Flexible medical and dental packages, a Health Care Spending Account, along with a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- An employee referral program – earn up to $2000 for your referral.
- A focus on healthy living through wellness initiatives and an annual fitness reimbursement program.
- Discount Programs and Educational Scholarship Programs for family members.
- A safety-focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
- We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted. Please note:
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
Parkland Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Corporation will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, drug and alcohol and/or Fitness for Duty testing.