At Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. As One Parkland team, we proudly serve diverse retail, commercial and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region, and South America. We power a growing family of locally known brands including Ultramar, Bluewave Energy, Pipeline, Chevron, Columbia Fuels, Island Petroleum, and Sparlings Propane.
We recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propels us forward. We’re also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our One Parkland team.
Manages all service functions within the branch by overseeing activities of service dispatchers and technicians in order to meet service needs and requests of Sparlings customers
- Provide daily direction di DISPATCHERS and TECHNICIANS through verbal and written communication in regards to all service-related areas to ensure smooth operation of the department.
- Resolve complaints from customers, TECHNICIANS, and/or DISPATCHERS by asking the individual to explain the issue in detail, investigating the situation, interviewing all parties, determining an appropriate solution, confirming that the solution is satisfactory to all parties involved, and implementing the solution
- Investigates incidents involving equipment failure by visiting sites, conducting interviews, and compiling evidence to determine the cause of the incident and possible preventative measures for the future
- Provide technical support to legal representatives during lawsuits relating to particular service issues or equipment failures
- Investigates service-related incidents and technical violations by re-examining the appropriate codes and regulations and conducting an investigation at the site; recruits the help of and experienced TECHNICIAN to provide a second opinion and historical background on the incident; coordinates the investigation with various parties (government officials, customers, & equipment manufacturers) to gain support and cooperation to complete the investigation and resolve any outstanding issues causes by the incident
- Maintains equipment inventory by tracking equipment purchases ans sales to ensure accurate month-end reporting
- Process installation paperwork by approving initial sales agreements, overseeing equipment ordering and scheduling of installation, processing inventory, and completing customer billing
- Runs and analyzes certain service reports from Infosys to examine and report on the current state of departmental costs and expenditures
- Liaises with the technician’s union representatives to resolve union complaints and negotiate contracts
- Maintains margins on equipment sales by monitoring vendor equipment pricing and setting BW equipment pricing
- Liaises with vendors regarding equipment pricing, availability, and delivery to ensure proper supply or large equipment to contractors
- Coordinates various technical training opportunities for TECHNICIANS and DISPATCHERS to familiarize them with new technology and improve their technical skills
- Maintains an up-to-date database of technician’s certificates, licenses, and insurance policies to ensure the TECHNICIANS are properly licensed to perform their duties
- Develops and improves service procedures by performing regular audits of service DISPTACHERS and TECHNICIANS to increase departmental productivity
- Create new procedures to improve efficiency and productivity by evaluating current procedures to see if there is room for improvement; requests feedback from branch employees and introduces them to the ideas prior to implementation, ensuring open communication throughout the process; breaks the procedure down into separate steps and determines which steps could be improved or eliminated; conducts a training session and creates a checklist to assist staff in following the new procedure
- Check the service aspect of new customer contracts and sets up the service screen in Infosys for all new customers in the Toronto branch
- Develops and implements marketing initiatives through mailings and verbal advertising to promote equipment sales
- Oversees warehouse safety and maintenance, including shipping and receiving, forklift maintenance, and warehouse cleanliness
- Processes warranty returns and liaises with vendors regarding warranty equipment
- Provides internal IT support for employees at the branch to resolve technical issues quickly and efficiently
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding of B139 Installation Code for Oil Equipment, B149 Installation Code for Gas Equipment, JOHS regulations, Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations, ODP & refrigeration guidelines, and various manufacturer’s instructions and warranty information
- Oversees projects by assessing the nature of the project, choosing appropriate team members, explaining the situation to the individuals in detail, and offering guidelines for completion, necessary tools, and support; establishes specific deadlines for completion and checks the progress of the project periodically
- Liaises with various parties including the Technical Standards & Safety Authority, the Electrical Safety Authority, and insurance companies to discuss regulatory and inspection processes, Union Representative to discuss labour and contract negotiations, and vendors for equipment and service purchasing
Qualifications and Skills:
- G2-LP Technician Certificate
- Participation in Parkland Pledge, an employee-driven charitable giving program.
- Our Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan, an annual bonus awarding your performance.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- Flexible medical and dental packages, a Health Care Spending Account, along with a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- An employee referral program – earn up to $2000 for your referral.
- A focus on healthy living through wellness initiatives and an annual fitness reimbursement program.
- Discount Programs and Educational Scholarship Programs for family members.
- A safety focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
- We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
Parkland Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, drug and alcohol and/or Fitness for Duty testing.