At Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. As One Parkland team, we proudly serve diverse retail, commercial and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region, and South America. We power a growing family of locally known brands including Fas Gas Plus, Pioneer, RaceTrac, Superpumper, Ultramar, Chevron, Esso, and ON the RUN.
We recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propels us forward. We’re also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our One Parkland team.
The Senior Branch Manager role is responsible for the overall performance of the business unit, which includes meeting key corporate goals and objectives. Supervises day-to-day operations and generates sales revenue by managing current customer relationships and calling on prospective customers.
- Parkland has developed the BOLD Leadership Model – Build, Own, Lead, and Deliver, the successful candidate will drive exceptional leadership behaviors to support and action this culture.
- Build our Team and Oversee Operations:
- Provides coaching and development of the team, ensuring good succession planning.
- Supervises day-to-day operations of the branch to ensure all tasks are conducted correctly and efficiently.
- Manages employees to build a team environment by creating professional development opportunities that allow our employees to excel.
- Coordinates and conducts product orders for the branch when supply is low and manages the product inventory to ensure the supply is replenished when needed.
- Oversees the month-end process and maintenance of branch property and equipment to ensure everything is accounted for and remains in good working order.
- Coordinates service needs with vendors including companies specializing in delivery, janitorial services, rentals, and maintenance.
Think like an Owner and Own your Mandate:
- Grow the business with an entrepreneurial approach.
- Reviews financial statements and budgets to identify opportunities of improved performance.
- Analyzes branch finances and operations to optimize productivity and costs.
- Proactively identify business improvement opportunities for the branch.
Lead and Direct the Culture:
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental policies are adhered to and all employees abide by hours of work and safe work practices
- Lead a safety-first culture for your team.
- Ensure a positive work environment for employees that is consistent with Parkland’s values, policies and best practices.
- Lead with a growth mindset; driving the business to expand profitably.
- Liaises with various parties on a regular basis including the Regional Manager, other branches, and internal departments.
Deliver Exceptional Customer Service and Results:
- Addresses all customer issues by developing a solution that meets the customer’s needs by providing exceptional customer service.
- Provides product knowledge and solutions to customers and employees when needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree.
- 5+ years of progressive experience with a focus in operations management.
- Industry knowledge relating to energy distribution desired.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven leadership ability while maintaining a pleasant and friendly manner is necessary.
- Participation in Parkland Pledge, an employee-driven charitable giving program.
- Our Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan, an annual bonus awarding your performance.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- Flexible medical and dental packages, a Health Care Spending Account, along with a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- An employee referral program – earn up to $2000 for your referral.
- A focus on healthy living through wellness initiatives and an annual fitness reimbursement program.
- Discount Programs and Educational Scholarship Programs for family members.
- A safety-focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted. Please note:
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
Parkland Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, drug and alcohol and/or Fitness for Duty testing.