At Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. As One Parkland team, we proudly serve diverse retail, commercial and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region, and South America. We power a growing family of locally known brands including: Ultramar, Bluewave Energy, Pipeline, Chevron, Columbia Fuels, Island Petroleum, and Sparlings Propane.
We recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propels us forward. We’re also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our One Parkland team.
- The Customer Experience Representative is responsible for answering a high volume of customer calls and processing orders for the Pacific Region accurately.
- Process credit card payments through On-Line Chase.
- Utilize advanced customer service skills to perform customer verifications, work through complaints and issues, and escalate to the proper department for assistance as needed.
- Provide sales techniques to customers to increase revenue and support the Pacific Region EBITDA.
- Ensure detailed records are kept of all conversations and transactions.
- Please note that this role will require working weekend and on-call shifts.
- Create new and manage existing customer accounts by recording and maintaining account information.
- Increase revenue through inside sales initiatives.
- Answer a high volume of customer calls to achieve a Call Service Level of 93% handling sales inquiries, installations, inspections and scheduling sales visits.
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to promptly handle and process inquiries, orders and complaints.
- Utilize Equifax Idecision to obtain credit approval for residential accounts.
- Perform customer verifications.
- Process credit card pre-authorization and sales accurately through Online Chase.
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions through account comments.
- Manage administration associated with customer accounts.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Previous experience in a customer call center would be considered an asset.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications.
- Numeric, oral and written language applications.
- Good data entry/keyboard skills.
- Knowledge of administration and clerical processes.
- Interpersonal skills (internal/external).
- Communication and listening skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Customer Service orientation.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Multi-tasking/prioritizing skills.
- Self-starter, with the ability to be flexible.
- Stress tolerance.
- Participation in Parkland Pledge, an employee-driven charitable giving program.
- Our Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan, an annual bonus awarding your performance.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- Flexible medical and dental packages, a Health Care Spending Account, along with a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- An employee referral program – earn up to $2000 for your referral.
- A focus on healthy living through wellness initiatives and an annual fitness reimbursement program.
- Discount Programs and Educational Scholarship Programs for family members.
- A safety-focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted. Please note:
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
Parkland Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, drug and alcohol and/or Fitness for Duty testing.