At Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. As One Parkland team, we proudly serve diverse retail, commercial and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region, and South America. We power a growing family of locally known brands including Fas Gas Plus, Pioneer, RaceTrac, Superpumper, Ultramar, Chevron, Esso, and ON the RUN.
We recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propels us forward. We’re also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our One Parkland team.
As the Strategic Marketing and Innovation team continues its transformative journey within the Parkland commercial business, we are excited about opportunities to let data, customer insights & digital innovation drive our decision. We are seeking an individual to join our team and help us build trusted & valuable brands including Ultramar, Chevron, Sparlings, Island Petroleum, Bluewave Energy, Columbia Fuels and Pipeline.
As the Marketing Specialist, you’ll play an instrumental role in the execution of all activities around Parkland’s promotional programs to build brand awareness, generate inbound traffic and convert customers focusing on fuel, propane, heating oil, card lock and lubricants. The Specialist is responsible for leading all regional/national aspects of strategic and tactical marketing that support the business objectives for Commercial. The incumbent will collaborate with the Commercial sales and operations teams to define and implement marketing initiatives that contribute to volume growth. This includes the delivery of campaigns to B2B and B2C markets with traditional and digital marketing strategies and the management and development of creative/marketing assets while ensuring brand compliance. Exciting projects include lead generation, email marketing, social strategy, and SEO optimization.
The successful candidate will seek new ways to add value, consistently meeting and exceeding the day-to-day needs of the diverse existing programs & promotions by ensuring all projects are completed on time, on budget and, with a positive impact on the business.
- Planning of marketing initiatives that align with business objectives and drive demand for products, services and solutions. Review ROI and report on results.
- Creation and execution of marketing campaigns via all forms of media, including but not limited to print, digital, web, email, social media, radio, tradeshows, etc.
- Work with the integrated Marketing team, external agencies and vendors in the development and execution of all marketing materials and events.
- Manage projects across internal functional teams (i.e. sales, operations, customer experience, legal, IT, finance, etc.) to facilitate implementation of marketing campaigns.
- Manage multiple campaigns, including work back schedules, quotes, and budgets within a defined approval process to ensure on-time and on-budget execution. Support budget management/tracking.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of marketing experience in B2B and/or B2C.
- Experience in fuels or similar industries is an asset.
- Knowledge of digital marketing including email marketing, SEM, SEO, social media and content management.
- Ability to easily build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Independent, proactive nature and self-starter.
- Excellent communication, strong analytics & problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines.
- Proficiency is required in Microsoft Office and experience with marketing automation platforms is an asset.
- Verbal and written fluency in French is not required but is considered an asset.
- Participation in Parkland Pledge, an employee-driven charitable giving program.
- Our Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan, an annual bonus awarding your performance.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- Flexible medical and dental packages, a Health Care Spending Account, along with a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- An employee referral program – earn up to $2000 for your referral.
- A focus on healthy living through wellness initiatives and an annual fitness reimbursement program.
- Discount Programs and Educational Scholarship Programs for family members.
- A safety-focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted. Please note:
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
- Parkland Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
- Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, drug and alcohol and/or Fitness for Duty testing.