WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Rates Data Services group in Capital Markets Technology manages multiple data points required for intraday and overnight processing of portfolios governed by the Rates trading desks, which includes trade data, market data and other reference data required for valuations. In this role, you will be responsible for working with users to enhance the market data repository system, including enhancements to new types of market data as well as refactoring to improve performance and ease of access.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Work as a member of a team to build technology solutions to manage a large amount of market data
- Design, develop and maintain services written in Java
- Participate in requirements gathering and meetings with business stakeholders and other technology groups to produce an analysis of the Use Cases and Solutions Designs.
- Continuously identify potential issues, conflicts, and risks. Analyze, mitigate and escalate where appropriate
- Develop and execute on end to end change management plans and plan and execute all communication related to these.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Technical experience delivering software within the finance industry, at a junior level
- Experience in building service-oriented software (REST, SOAP, etc)
- Working knowledge of design patterns, data structures, algorithms and OO concepts.
- Working knowledge of version control systems like SVN, GitHub and Jenkins and build control systems like Maven and Gradle.
- Good understanding of financial concepts surrounding market data and valuations
- Experience with scripting languages like python
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work