Project Planning and Setup:
- Understand the project scope, identify activities/ tasks, task-level estimates, schedule, dependencies, risks, and provide inputs to Module Lead for review.
- Provide inputs to testing strategy, configuration, deployment, hardware/software requirement, etc.
- Review plan and provide feedback on gaps, timeline and execution feasibility, etc as required in the project.
- Participate in KT sessions conducted by customer/ other business teams and provide feedback on requirements.
Requirement Understanding and Analysis:
- Analyze functional/non-functional requirements and seek clarifications for a better understanding of requirements.
- Based on the understanding of the system upstream & downstream, provide feedback and inputs on gaps in requirements and technical feasibility of requirements.
- Prepare the LLD/ detailed design documents based on HLD and briefing from Module Lead.
- Seek inputs from the developers on specific modules as applicable.
- Consolidate all modules and provide them to Module Lead/ Architects/ Designers for review.
- Suggest changes in design on technical grounds.
- Develop components inventory for the code to be developed tying it to the nonfunctional requirements.
- Perform sampling of data to understand the character/ quality of the data (project dependent on the absence of data analyst or designer).
- Identify tools and technologies to be used in the project as well as reusable objects that could be customized for the project.
- Follow coding standards and best practices to develop code and check code quality.
- Share developed code with supervisor for review.
- Rework on the code based on inputs if required.
- Perform complex integration.
- Guide the developers in identifying, preparing, and conducting unit test cases and fixing defects based on results.
- Consolidate the test results and share them with a supervisor.
- Provide periodic status update to supervisor and highlight/recommend any changes in design based on challenges faced.
- Anticipate unreported defects and raise the same to the supervisor.
- Conduct technical troubleshooting.
- Conduct reviews for codes created by the team.
- Develop unit test cases for each module.
- Conduct/ guide conducting of the unit and integration testing and fix defects.
- Review/ approve code to be moved to the testing environment.
- Provide support to the QA team and coordinate various phases of testing.
- Address queries raised by QA within defined timelines.
- Investigate critical defects and establish the need for fixing.
- Raise issues to leads/QA.
- Report defect status as per the project standard process within agreed timelines.
- Share the revised code with the supervisor for review.
- Assist team lead and project manager on estimates around defect fixes.
- Maintain versions of the code or consolidate version maintained by the Developers.
- Provide support as required to the Administrators during configuration, code backups, deployment, etc.
- Assess and create deployment/ rollback plan.
- Validate if all the components have been migrated and the right version is checked in.
- Maintain deployment tracker.
- Perform sanity checks post-deployment to ensure smooth production.
- Share activity status with supervisor and highlight concerns if any.
- Project Execution Monitoring & closure (Support to Project Management activities):
- Monitor the work of the developers and share work achieved with them.
- Provide guidance through SDLC.
- Provide status of progress to leads.
- In case of change requests, provide inputs on the plan.
Service Support and Maintenance:
- Specific to production and maintenance support:
- Provide support for 1 week and hand it over to the production team.
- Identify if the incoming request is a service request/ defect during the warranty or an incident.
- If it is a code defect in the warranty, highlight it to Lead and initiate the defect fix process.
- Post-warranty, support in the transition to the maintenance team.
- Post-release participates in project review call and discuss points on what went well and what didn't.
- Create and update knowledge articles (case studies, lessons learned) in the knowledge management repository.
- Guide developers in creating such documents.
- Publish white papers/ blogs/ articles (if required).
- Conduct training through the academy or internally within the team.
- Conduct technical, face to face interviews for internal transfer, or external hiring.
- Provide feedback on Developers from a technical /domain standpoint to the module lead.
- Good To Have Skills
- Business Intelligence