iA Wealth; Working Environment: Currently working from home, will be eventually transitioning to a hybrid working model; Location: Anywhere in Canada; Status: Permanent Start Date: As soon as possible;
We are looking for a Senior Product Analyst to join our close-knit team. In this role, you will support our iA Private Wealth IIROC retail advisory network with products (mostly mutual funds and ETFs) and investment research, analysis and portfolio construction guidance. You will be instrumental in the growth and development of the fund research at iA. you will also have oversight of the product shelf at the dealer.
This is a great opportunity to learn and grow through a variety of projects and initiatives.
What Will I Be Doing:
Maintain Coverage of Canadian Mutual Funds and ETFs
- Establish and maintain relationships with product manufacturers
- Conduct thorough analysis of Mutual Funds and ETFs (Focus on Canadian, but may work with US-listed ETFs) through independent research
- Effectively conduct ongoing external Portfolio Manager due diligence meetings
- Attend industry events and conferences to keep on top of industry and investment trends and product development
Producing Value-Added Research Content
- Utilize your product/investment knowledge and leverage manufacturer relationships to develop ongoing research content for the sales channel
- Cultivate relationships with advisors to get a better sense of what research content they value
- Provide research and analytes to drive security selection decisions
- Publish reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually and on an ad-hoc basis). These include the Product Recommendation List and Model Portfolios
- Act as the copy editor for research content produced by the other members of the team
Engage and Educate the Advisor Network
- Field calls and emails from advisors seeking product advice, portfolio advice, etc.
- Display high levels of investment acumen beyond simply the product space so more holistic conversations with advisors can be had.
- Conduct branch presentations
- Participate in various iA produced advisor events
Contribute to the effective functioning of the Investment Products & Platforms team:
- Facilitate a culture of open and honest communication
- Encourage the generation of new ideas and approaches
- Actively share knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
- Actively take initiative to ensure documents, publications and websites are current with information
Contribute to the Dealer’s Product Shelf Oversight Requirements:
- Play a key role in the approval process for alternative products
- Conduct ongoing due diligence on products as required by the dealers and regulators
- Contribute options related to individual securities as part of role on the product risk committee
What Are We Looking For
- Undergraduate/graduate degree in business and/or finance
- 5 or more years of experience in the investment funds space.
- Thorough knowledge of the Canadian Mutual Fund and ETF industries coupled with a strong understanding of portfolio construction principles.
- Proficiency working within Bloomberg and Morningstar Direct
- Understanding of the Canadian wealth management industry
- Strong level of knowledge and interest in Capital Markets and the general investment landscape
- Very strong analytical skills - ability to distil large amounts of information and effectively communicate a fact-based viewpoint
- Proven experience in managing multiple deadlines and priorities
- Intellectual curiosity and strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships
- A sense of creativity and focus on constantly improving the research product
What Would be Nice to Have but not Required:
- Experience as an asset manager or an investment dealer helpful
- CFA designation
- CSC and CPH in good standing
- Bilingual (French and English)