We have a lot to be proud of at Nicola Wealth. Our sophisticated financial planning, our diversified private investment funds and their exceptional performance, our 99% client retention rate and our award-winning culture, combine to position us as a national leader in wealth management. Recognized as a Best Managed Company and one of Canada’s Top Employers, we are dedicated to upholding our firm’s values through this phase of significant growth.
By bringing together smart, dedicated and supportive colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in values-driven work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for you to make a real impact and build a rewarding career. We are passionate about our business, our culture and investing deeply in your growth and development to build for the future. If you have this same drive, then let’s talk!
The Advisory Services Director will lead the overall Advisory Services Operations in Ontario. As we continue to grow our presence in Toronto and Ontario as a whole, this role will have significant strategic and operational importance to the impact we make on our clients and the continued growth of our firm. This role will include being actively involved in shaping the performance, direction and growth of our Advisor team, and providing support, guidance and leadership to a team of trusted Wealth Advisors, ensuring that we achieve our strategic and business objectives while delivering an exceptional experience to our clients.
As the Advisory Services Director, your key accountabilities will include:
Business Performance and Operational Effectiveness:
- Work with Advisory Services leadership team and our Managing Director, Ontario, on strategic planning, budgeting and resources management to ensure that the team is effectively positioned to achieve the firm’s services and growth goals
- Work with individual Advisors to establish annual business and development plans. Monitor and provide regular support to advisors to ensure successful performance against their plan
- Review and monitor Advisor key performance indicators to ensure all advisors are meeting client service standards.
- Develop, implement and maintain information related to advisor productivity and performance
- Manage advisor capacity and client file allocation including allocation of new clients to advisors
- Manage the administration of the Advisor compensation structure
- Work cross functionally and collaboratively with Advisory Services leadership and operations teams, and other departments on corporate projects involving Advisory Services
- Responsible for new Advisor recruitment, on-boarding and team integration
- Responsible for Advisor talent development and career progression by engaging in and championing people development activities and programs
- Be the go-to-person for advisors providing general leadership direction, guidance, support, strong communication, and guidance on escalations and questions, thereby fostering a supportive and caring culture
- Leverage your experience as an Advisor and leadership skills to coach, mentor and guide advisors supporting their performance, effectiveness and growth
- In close partnership with the leaders of our Wealth Planning Associates team, build and manage an internal talent pipeline of internal associates to support advisor career progression.
- Actively review and manage advisor capacity to optimize efficiency, workloads and client management across the team
- Provide and integrate performance feedback based on assessments, client feedback, internal feedback and KPI performance
Your key attributes include:
- Excellent listening and leadership skills with a strong desire to develop others to grow and reach their potential
- Inspires a drive for excellence and team success
- Approachable, caring, engaging and supportive
- A trusted advisor both internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships both within Advisory Services and across the business
- Superior client service orientation both internally and externally.
- Balances operational performance with a strategic focus on the future
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a drive to build and grow the business.
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Creative and collaborative approach to problem solving and developing innovative solutions
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- 8+ years of related work experience in Wealth Management and financial services.
- You may have started your career as a Financial Advisor but realize that your career strengths and interests are more aligned with an internal leadership role
- A track record of experiences demonstrating your strength leading a team of professionals (formal experience in a people leadership role is a plus!)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Chartered Investment Manager (CIM)
- LLQP considered an asset
- Experience delivering results in high performing client service-oriented capacity with both internal and external clients
- Advanced MS Word, Excel Outlook and CRM skills. Experience with other productivity, reporting resource management tools is an asset.
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer
Application closing date is January 19, 2022.
Please include both cover letter and resume in your application. Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer.