We have a lot to be proud of at Nicola Wealth. Our sophisticated financial planning, our diversified private investment funds and their exceptional performance, our 99% client retention rate and our award-winning culture, combine to position us as a national leader in wealth management. Recognized as a Best Managed Company and one of Canada’s Top Employers, we are dedicated to upholding our firm’s values through this phase of significant growth.
By bringing together smart, dedicated and supportive colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in values-driven work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for you to make a real impact and build a rewarding career. We are passionate about our business, our culture and investing deeply in your growth and development to build for the future. If you have this same drive, then let’s talk!
The Advisory Services Manager will provide a high level of leadership, operational and project support to our internal Wealth Advisor team. As we continue to grow and scale, this new role will be a ‘go-to’ supporting the day-to-day needs of our Advisors and provide coaching and support to accelerate the proficiency and learning of our newer advisors. This role will also provide leadership and subject matter expertise on transformational and operational advisory services projects and initiatives ensuring that we achieve our strategic and business objectives while delivering an exceptional experience to our clients.
As the Advisory Services Manager, your key accountabilities will include:
- In partnership with Advisory Services leadership, be a ‘go-to’ person for our Advisors providing general leadership support, strong communication, and guidance on escalations and questions, thereby fostering a supportive and caring culture
- Coach and support newer Advisors working in partnership with our training and operations teams through the onboarding cycle to accelerate time to productivity, effectiveness and learning on our processes, systems and ways of working
- Provide mentorship and development support for Wealth Planning Associates who are working towards an Advisory role
- Support Advisors and advisory teams to establish processes, teamwork and practice management strategies to continually enhance their client and team outcomes
- In partnership with Advisory Services leadership, work with individual Advisors to establish, monitor and support annual business and professional development plans
- Participate in strategic and operational Advisory Services projects, playing a subject matter expertise role and working across the firm to move projects and initiatives forward
- Support new Advisor recruitment, talent development and career progression by engaging in and championing people development activities and programs
- Partner with our compliance team to ensure proper training, communication, support and oversight for Advisors
- Work closely with marketing to align on and support external communication and events
- Work closely with the Advisory Services operations team to generate reporting, dashboards and analytics that provide insight into the productivity and functioning of the Advisor team
Your key attributes include:
- Excellent listening and leadership skills with a strong desire to develop others to grow and reach their potential
- Inspires a drive for excellence and team success
- Approachable, caring, engaging and supportive
- A trusted professional both internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships both within Advisory Services and across the business
- Superior client service orientation both internally and externally
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a drive to build and grow the business
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Creative and collaborative approach to problem solving and developing innovative solutions
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- 5+ years of related work experience in Wealth Management and financial services
- You may have started your career as a Wealth Planning / Financial Associate or a Wealth / Financial Advisor but realize that your career strengths and interests are more aligned with an internal leadership role
- A track record of experiences demonstrating your leadership ability
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Chartered Investment Manager (CIM)
- LLQP considered an asset
- Experience delivering results in high performing client service oriented capacity with both internal and external clients
- Advanced MS Word, Excel Outlook and CRM skills. Experience with other productivity, reporting resource management tools is an asset
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer
Application closing date is January 19, 2022.
Please include both cover letter and resume in your application. Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer.