Do you love to develop and share great ideas? Do you believe your insights can drive people forward? Do you appreciate working with others and building on mutual successes? Perfect. We do, too.
As an employee-owned company, we foster a culture where our people can thrive – and by thrive, we mean a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join our award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
RVA has an excellent career opportunity in our Sudbury office, for a recent graduate who has a passion for water and wastewater projects.
- Assisting with studies and Class EAs for water and wastewater projects.
- Organize/prepare conceptual, preliminary and final process design of:
- Water Treatment Plants and Wastewater Treatment Plants,
- Water and Wastewater Pumping Stations,
- Reservoirs, Inground and Elevated,
- Intakes and Outfalls.
- Help prepare AutoCAD design drawings.
- Assist with shop drawings review and coordination.
- Participate in contract administration during construction.
- Site inspection, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a University degree in Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution with a strong interest in water/wastewater projects.
- 1-2 years’ experience in water/wastewater projects would be an asset.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is an asset, experience is preferred.
- Construction inspection and/or survey experience is an asset.
- Demonstrates superior English communication skills both oral and written.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop positive relationships with staff, project team members and clients.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Your better starts here
We don’t settle for less, and neither should you. As it happens, offering great benefits to our people is entirely possible: the numbers work out. Happy teams mean happy clients. It’s just that simple. From recruitment to flexibility, learning to leadership, wellness to inclusion, we give our people the tools they need to outperform in their careers and build lasting connections with our clients, our culture, and each other.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- RVA Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations:
At RVA, we are committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. RVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you require any special accommodations, please advise Human Resources. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.