WHY WE WILL LOVE YOU
Please note this is a night shift - from 3:00 am to 11:00 am Monday to Friday including one day of the weekend.
- You have about 1 year of work experience in Retail or Logistics, preferably in a supervisory role
- You’re able to delegate tasks to your team to ensure completion in an organized, efficient and timely manner to the specified standards
- You set the example for your team, and take the lead around prioritizing of tasks
- You’ve worked with material handling equipment many times before (and hold all appropriate certifications and licenses)
- You are computer savvy and generally comfortable with technology (and can easily learn new software and systems)
- You are willing and able to work very early in the morning (before the store opens)
- You are totally cool working in a physically demanding, fast-paced, work environment
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
- Ensure the highest product availability for customers through correct and on-time execution of the store goods flow tasks by yourself and your team
- Ensure inventory and administrative guidelines are followed to maintain inventory integrity in order to maximize product availability for customers
- Ensure compliance with all IKEA health, safety and security rules and requirements
- Ensure safe operation of material handling equipment
- Ensure efficient daily goods flow operations within your area of responsibility, including, but not limited to: plock, back to stocks, isle maintenance, replenishment of sales locations, pulling orders, inventory counts
- Partner with Goods Flow Manager and Team Leader to lead and develop co-workers within your area of responsibility
- Contribute to the achievement of agreed-upon goals in the Store Business Plan and Logistics action plan
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
At IKEA it’s all about our customers, and in Customer Relations, we build and retain long-lasting relationships with new and existing customers in a multichannel retail environment. We’re a diverse team that works together to ensure a positive and joyful experience for all IKEA visitors and customers: we set up services, gather feedback and make things right! Our modus operandi is to connect to people by listening to their personal needs and creating genuine interactions. We’re a bunch of people who are truly passionate about people!
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as Goods Flow Team Support
Please note: This position requires the submission of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.