Do you thrive in a team environment and enjoy working on mechanical tasks in the outdoors? If so, apply today to become a Labourer at Enbridge!
Under the direction of the Construction Superintendent, our Labourers assist in the installation of mains and services as growth occurs in the pipeline distribution system, and complete plant upgrades and modifications within the existing system.
- Ensure all work processes and procedures are followed properly, and that all safety equipment and personal protective equipment are inspected, maintained and worn properly. Apply legislated traffic control requirements and comply with “Ontario Traffic Control, Book 7, Temporary Conditions”.
- Complete duties associated with pipeline construction and maintenance including manual and power equipment excavation; piping fabrication, testing and placement; backfilling excavations; and clean-up and restoration of construction sites. Specific components of the pipeline construction activity include:
- Performs other related construction and maintenance utility work including communication with builders and customers on various sites; maintenance of equipment and material inventory; and completion of gas line locations prior to crew construction.
- Installing new, replacement and reinforcement mains, services and stations.
- Assisting with main and service relocations; service repairs/plant maintenance; and with the retirement of services and mains, as required.
- Must have a minimum of Grade 12 education.
- Must have and retain appropriate driver’s license and maintain a suitable driving record.
- DZ or AZ driver’s license and be skilled in the operation of heavy equipment.
- Must be physically capable to perform strenuous manual labour and be able to wear all appropriate safety equipment.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and learn related company software.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- This is a seasonal unionized role. Approximately 37.5 hours per week or as needed based on operational requirements.
NOTE: As this position is within the Local Bargaining Unit identified above, please note that members will be given first consideration. We accept applications submitted via our online recruiting system only.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com.
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com