Responsible for maintaining and providing recommendations to improve the warehouse management systems for the Bay. The system analyst will also lead warehouse system implementation projects for the Bay’s supply chain & logistics operations throughout Canada. This role will collaborate with the leadership teams, external vendors and consultants throughout the organization.
- Maintaining, supporting and upgrading existing systems as required e.g. inventory counts, reconciliations, new business set ups, etc.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Conducting regular reviews of systems and generating reports on efficiencies and improvement areas.
- Structuring and prioritising business requirements and communicating plans with stakeholders for review and approval
- Troubleshooting technical issues and provide recommendations while mitigating risk.
- Collaborating with all stakeholders to resolve issues and ensuring solutions are viable and consistent.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Collaborate with supply chain & logistics stakeholders on continuous improvement opportunities
- Minimum of 8 years experiences in project management or team lead supporting warehouse management system projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or Post-secondary education in computer science or engineering is required
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience with Manhattan WMOS or competing WMS solution
- Experience in retail and/or Ecommerce fulfillment environments
- Working knowledge of other non-WMS logistics systems and enterprise systems
- Demonstrated strengths in IS or related project management and methodologies including planning and reviewing
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions – internally and externally
- Demonstrates a results based and adaptive leadership style with strong impact and influencing skills
- Excellent communication capabilities and practices both oral and written
- Highly flexible and adaptable
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.