The Manager, Airline Partnerships is responsible for leading the implementation of Porter’s codeshare and interline partnerships strategy. This role will have a tremendous impact across the organization and will be part of the team that will expand Porter’s airline partnerships portfolio during a rapid growth phase. Reporting to the Director, Revenue Management and working with teams across the organization such as Network Planning, Revenue Management, Loyalty, Technology, and Operations to ensure the successful implementation and optimization of the partnerships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Porter’s airline partnership portfolio to deliver maximum commercial and operational benefits over the short, medium, and long-term.
- Improve Porter’s network reach to global destinations desired by customers and drive new and incremental traffic.
- Assist in developing business plans with revenue and passenger projections to identify opportunities.
- Ensure each interline and codeshare partnership achieves business plan objectives, including revenue and cost forecasts.
- Assist with negotiating commercial and operational contract terms for all interline and codeshare partnerships.
- Manage and oversee all selling activities and ensure that codeshare and interline flights are visible and selling on Porter’s website and other distribution channels.
- Work along-side Porter’s loyalty team to ensure successful deployment and implementation of loyalty benefits across the partner portfolio.
- Assist with the negotiation and implementation of all reciprocal frequent flyer program benefits related to status, service privileges, accrual, and redemption programs.
- Lead the implementation of codeshare and interline projects across the organization, and ensure that processes are in place to support the partnerships. Manage and resolve process and policy conflicts driven from the day-to-day operational impacts.
- Work collaboratively with all departments including Technology, Marketing, Solutions Delivery, Digital, Sales, Operations, Finance, and General Counsel to ensure alignment and success of Porter’s airline partnership portfolio.
- Track and report on key business, financial and operational metrics related to Porter’s airline partnerships and report trends to the executive team.
- Foster collaborative relationships with partner airlines and external stakeholders.
- Remain current on leading approaches, practices, and technologies in the airline partnerships space, introducing those most relevant to the Porter context.
- Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
- Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
- Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
- Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
- Exemplifying Integrity: Treating others fairly, honestly, and respectfully, furthering the integrity of the organization and its relationships of trust with team members and the broader community.
- Inspiring Others: Energizing and inspiring others to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, creating a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in followers.
- People Leadership: Assuming a leadership role in helping others achieve excellent results.
- Leading Change: Recognizing the need for change, being open to new ideas and methods, and championing transformational change within the organization and beyond.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant industry experience, 2 years of which should be partnerships experience at a North American-based airline.
- Strong knowledge of airline Pricing, Inventory Management, Network Planning, Distribution and Loyalty Partnerships.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Experience with Tableau, SQL, MS Excel, and/or similar data management and reporting platforms.
- University degree with a focus in Business, Economics, Marketing, Finance, Network Planning, Strategic Planning or Engineering is required. MBA or M.Sc is preferred.
- Experience in the Canadian and U.S. cross-border airline markets and their associated dynamics is a significant asset.
- Experience creating and working with rigorous process, documentation, project, and testing standards associated with business analysis and project management.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a strong desire to forge long-lasting relationships.
Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination