Reporting to the Supervisor, Facilities and Equipment, this position is responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of Porter’s facilities and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out care and maintenance of Porter’s exterior and interior properties at the Billy Bishop Toronto City Center Airport (BBTCA) including but not limited to painting, drywall repair, snow removal
- Responsible for the effective operation of the environmental, mechanical and electrical operational systems including but are not limited to heating, air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, electrical lighting and distribution, sump pumps and Baggage Handling system
- Perform the scheduled preventive maintenance and general maintenance on the mechanical/electrical systems, HVAC systems, and life safety equipment
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required
- Maintain accurate records with regard to annual inspection of equipment and general preventative maintenance
- Follow up on staff requests pertaining to building maintenance
- Inspect facility to identify maintenance needs and safety hazards
- Take ownership of the building maintenance and ensure that the work is being completed and the facilities are never in a state of disrepair
- Make minor maintenance repairs as needed
- Collaborate on office cubicle modifications, furniture and internal relocations.
- Lifting and moving heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies
- Provide excellent customer service to tenants
- Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems for office and warehouse. Knowledge of airport facilities is an asset
- Two to four years of related maintenance experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Able to lift up to 80lbs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the skills
- Highly motivated with a strong customer service focus
- Ability to work on a permanent basis in Canada
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be willing and able to work after hours and at weekends as required and to be available to respond to after hour service requests and emergencies. This positioning is Full-Time (Thursday to Monday).
- Dependability (must have a clear attendance record and reliable on-time reporting for work)
- Must have a valid full G Driver’s License and a clean driver's abstract
- Must be able to obtain an unrestricted airport security pass
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination
- Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
- Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
- Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.