As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating, and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools, and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
As an Application Developer for DevOps, you will contribute to a thriving and growing DevOps Engineering team. You will work in a Kubernetes based microservices environment to support our bleeding-edge cloud services. This will include custom solutions, as well as open-source DevOps tools (build and deploy automation, monitoring, and data gathering for our software delivery pipeline). You will also be contributing to our continuous improvement and continuous delivery while increasing the maturity of DevOps and agile adoption practices.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
- Adopt to the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements
- Act as support SPOC for DevOps and system Administrators and components, Provide direct technical support as needed in the planning, coordination, installation, implementation, and testing of releases, upgrades, or changes to Unix/ Linux operating system, network, and component software.
- Primary support for assigned ISV products along with diagnosing Unix/ Linux platform system and product issues and follow up with root cause analysis
- Analyze performance issues while providing technical consultation and inquiries from the other IT technical teams
- Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in the most effective way possible within SLA reaching the root cause and preventing problems
- Aid with identifying problem management trends
- Develop solution in Shell and Perl scripting for client application as a workaround to solve the issues during deployment.
- Handle the production management calls with all the stakeholders.
- Monitor the application health check during the Go live.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in DevOps application with Unix/ Linux environment.
- Validated knowledge in the following technologies: Unix System Services, Unix/Linux (install/uninstall packages, network interface, basic commands, etc).
- Expertise in popular virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, Openstack, Power) and microservices architecture.
- Solid understanding of Linux and Windows development, debugging, administration, and automation frameworks - Bash, PowerShell, Chef, Ansible.
- In-depth experience delivering new features using agile development practices including continuous integration and automation.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proficient in working with a high availability environment along with alignment to process.
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies.
- An ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with a creative approach to work.
- An intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications.