We have an exciting opportunity in our Retail Sales Function on our Metro Ontario Customer Team as Business Development Manager. This role is based out of our Mississauga Head Office location (60% in-office, 40% remote) and is responsible for leading the development, planning, and implementation of Campbell business strategies and tactics to increase distribution, sales and maximize profits. Responsible for the creation of long-term, trusted relationships, providing account leadership as well as account-specific business plans with the goal of achieving account targets.
Specific accountabilities of this role:
- Develop and implement long-term strategies and an annual business plan to capitalize on profitable sales opportunities and achieve year-over-year sales growth objectives with the assigned account and product categories
- Develop business plans covering unit volume, revenue, market share, product mix, and channel marketing plans
- Responsible for account profit & loss (P&L), including promotional spend, pricing strategies and innovation mix impact, execution rates and return on investment
- Develop accurate monthly volume forecasts through integrated business processes to ensure adequate supply and manage inventory levels
- Manage account product distribution and fill listing gaps where required
- Develop category plans to help drive profitable Net Sales growth and to secure the Annual Operating Plan volume
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to develop new item launch strategies and account-specific marketing programs to increase shelf space and drive sell thru
- Collaborate with marketing and shopper marketing teams with the development of marketing strategies and advertising plans, and ensure execution against the brand strategies at the retailer
- Develop retail merchandising plans and work collaboratively with Field Sales to ensure that all activities are executed with excellence
- Develop monthly reporting dashboards to ensure key results are shared with internal and external business partners and provide insights/recommendations for future activity based on results
Category Management/ Business Planning
- Drive outstanding marketplace results by benchmarking, category management & trade marketing strategies and strong business relationships with the customer
- Conduct regular reviews of business performance and collaborate with accounts to develop and execute Joint Business Plans
- Develop customer level distribution and merchandising targets with supporting insights and merchandising activation plans for each key initiative
- Achieve DPSM objectives to attain share growth
- Lead the customer in the execution/application of category recommendation, business planning, scorecard development/tracking and plan evaluations
- Experience managing a customer P&L with demonstrated profit optimization
- Analyze promotional costing prior to implementation to ensure appropriate return on investment
- Manage customer trade spend within company guidelines
- Manage internal planning tool to ensure customer investment is properly reflected to enable accurate reporting on volume and spend balances.
- Ad hoc financial and data analysis, including pre/post-event analysis and impact of retail merchandising coverage
- Participate and/or lead various organizational projects/initiatives with cross-functional partners, as self-development and training opportunities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years of account management experience within the CPG industry, with previous field sales representative responsibilities an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to influence
- Superior customer presentation skills and strong negotiation skills
- Strong time management, budget management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, strategic thinker, strong business and financial acumen and proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong understanding of Excel with experience using Microsoft PowerPoint and Word documents (Office 365)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use AC Nielsen as well as learning internal data platforms
- High energy self-starter as well as a collaborative team player
- Strong understanding of consumer and industry trends
- Proactive in self-training and ability to implement new processes and procedures to improve own role
Why choose Campbell’s for your next opportunity?
- GREAT PEOPLE: We take our work seriously, but we also celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger together when we are open, honest, and, above all, real. You are not just a number here, you’ll be a direct contributor to the company’s success and your voice will be heard.
- HYBRID and FLEXIBLE WORK /PERSONAL TIME OFF: Employees enjoy a combination of in-office and remote working arrangements, personal days, vacation programs and office closure during the Christmas break.
- COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION: We offer a competitive base salary + bonus potential at every level in the organization. We also provide a Defined Contribution Pension Plan, and support your long-term savings goals through our group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), saving and Tax-free Savings Accounts (TFSA).
- HEALTH and WELLNESS BENEFITS: Competitive Health, Dental and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment including virtual health care, flex spending accounts, critical illness insurance, Best Doctors coverage, wellness workshops, virtual fitness classes, meditation and stretch breaks, on-site Fitness Center with a dedicated Fitness Consultant and an Employee Family Assistance Plan.
- INCLUSIVE CULTURE: “Inclusion and diversity at all levels of the business are critical for achieving our strategic goals. At Campbell, we’re committed to building a winning culture that enhances inclusivity in the workplace and commits to listening to, learning from, and understanding one another in every interaction. We believe that diverse perspectives are a key ingredient in our recipe for success.” CEO, Mark Clouse
- PROFESSIONAL and CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Supported by our commitment to talent development, we offer many learning and development opportunities from initial onboarding, regular Lunch and Learns, a library of self-paced learning, external education allowances, mentorship, high-visibility project opportunities and regular feedback.
- ICONIC BRANDS and CHALLENGING WORK: Work for a company with beloved and iconic legacy brands. Across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and collaborate to innovate and solve the problems they’re passionate about.