CSA Group has an opportunity for a Manager, Standards Research who will be based out of our Toronto office. This position forms part of the Standards Research team such that the research produced enhances the quality of CSA’s current standards portfolio and grows the portfolio to address emerging Standards’ needs. This role will be responsible for facilitating and managing research projects within the Standards Research program as well as helping to support other project leads in the management of research projects, as needed. This role is to oversee research methodology and quality of research outputs and to guide the research team from beginning to end. Work with internal and external teams to finalize and publish research reports and to promote them to external audiences. Work with CSA staff to promote the results of research projects, scholarship programs and the Research Program in general both internally and externally.
- Manage intake, evaluation and notification of successful and unsuccessful research proposals.
- Ensure quality of all research reports by managing their finalization and publication from final draft to editing, legal review, translation as appropriate, the design process until publication on the corporate website.
- Work with internal teams to promote research publications and other research program activities.
- Responsible for maintenance of CSA Communities Research site to promote research program, published and upcoming research projects, and other research initiatives such as the scholarships program. Monitors this Research site on a regular basis to gauge research and scholarship engagement, and discussion dialogues.
- Manage select projects to source and secure appropriate research contractors. This may include the development of Requests for Proposals, vetting of applications, and development of contracts. In some cases, oversee and support other project leads in these activities. Work with project contractors and advisory panel members to develop work plans for research projects, and ensure the progress of work plan.
- Support the management of the Research Scholarship programs (graduate and undergraduate). Activities include a promotion, intake of new applications, responding to queries, preliminary review of applications, and administration of scholarship recipient funds.
- This role will work across all standards sectors on a wide range of topics.
- This role requires a solid knowledge of research methodology and publication standards.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate degree (e.g. Master's) with a focus on research.
- 5 years of relevant experience in standards or research environments.
- Experience in developing and managing research projects.
- Experience with the publication of research.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and ability to review and prepare clear concise reports and other research material.
- Professional and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a wide range of individuals and stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and coordination skills Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, discretion and diplomacy.