The primary purpose of the Application Developer is to help develop and deploy data warehouse BI solutions and data integrations that support the business processes and reporting needs of the organization and provide operational support on existing and new solutions.
Key Areas of Responsibilities :
- Adapt the existing data warehouse and ETL processes to accommodate new business requirements that mainly include analytic requirements.
- Comply with the master data when building solutions.
- Ensure timely availability of data to the business stakeholders through timely execution of operational data loads.
- Design, enhance, and maintain SSIS packages to load data in a variety of formats and from a variety of source systems using built-in and third-party SSIS components.
- Develop SSIS packages in a multi-server environment using SSIS SQL configurations to share configured parameter values between packages.
- Leverage the full functionality of SSIS expression, script tasks, loop controls, etc.
- Leverage the full functionality of T-SQL features as it applies to tables, views, stored procedures, user-defined functions, cursors, dynamic SQL, and partitioned tables.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain a variety of SSAS cubes that make use of partitions, perspectives, user hierarchies, many-many relationships, parent-child relationships, custom MDX calculations, DSV calculations, relative-time-based calculations, etc.
- Investigate assigned incidents and provide resolution.
- As required, create new SQL Agent jobs, schedules, notifications, and configurations that execute SSIS packages.
- Use SQL Profiler and any other tools required to investigate, identify, and resolve issues in ETL, T-SQL, reporting, and legacy SQL applications.
- Maintain a documented history of changes to data systems.
Key Compliance Accountabilities:
- Complies with NN Quality Business Processes and Policies as outlined in ISOtrain by completing the required training and filing the corresponding Read and Understood Form in ISOtrain or the Training archive in order to ensure up-to-date information.
- Complies with IT internal processes as outlined in internal procedures and as instructed by other IT employees to ensure proper operation and control of the IT system landscape.
- Deliver data solutions that meet or exceed business expectations by utilizing best practices in data management and by collaborating closely with the Team Lead.
- Maintain and support data solutions in production by ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner, proper documentation exists, and systems evolve as requirements change.
Education (Minimum Requirements):
- University degree in the field of Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems.
- Microsoft BI certification preferred.
Experience (Minimum Requirement):
- 5+ years of strong BI development experience on the MS SQL server 2012+ platform.
- Strong analytic & data quality mindset with an ability to identify root causes of issues and fix them by assessing overall impact.
- Solid SQL Server database, management studio (SSMS), integration services (SSIS), and analysis services (SSAS) skills.
- Expertise in data warehousing including dimensional modeling, database design, SQL, ETL, and OLAP on MS SQL Server platform.
- Good understanding of key pharmaceutical data sources and business uses of data (specifically IQVIA and Veeva data).
- Experience with .NET programming languages and development (Visual Basic .Net, C#).
- Experience with end-user reporting tools (Excel, QlikView).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply complex business rules to data solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with the use and application of data development best practices.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems utilities.
- Knowledge of application integration and data integration techniques and tools.
- Works in an open-office environment (both virtual and non-virtual) with exposure to multiple demands, deadlines, and interruptions.
- Little exposure to hazards while performing the duties of the job.
Other Competencies :
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively work with others.
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-direct team player with a strong drive to learn, adapt, and succeed and a high degree of enthusiasm, energy, and vision, creative ideas for innovation, automation, and continuous improvement.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk, we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company in the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and the communities we operate in. Together, we’re life-changing.