Why you’ll love working here:
- High-performance, people-focused culture
- our commitment that equity, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our work environment and business success, which helps employees feel valued and empowered to be their authentic selves
- learning and development initiatives, including workshops, Speaker Series events and access to LinkedIn Learning, that support employees’ career growth
- competitive, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits for permanent employees with recent additions to promote inclusive coverage to a diverse employee population. These recent additions include gender affirmation and fertility drug and treatment coverage
- membership in HOOPP’s world class defined benefit pension plan, which can serve as an important part of your retirement security
- access to an annual wellness reimbursement program for health and wellness-related expenses for permanent employees
- virtual fitness, yoga and meditation classes, nutritional consultations and wellness seminars
- we offer a hybrid flexible work model that embraces remote work in Ontario for eligible roles
- the opportunity to make a difference and help take care of those who care for us, by providing a financially secure retirement for Ontario healthcare workers
We are looking for a highly motivated team member to join us for a temporary 6 month assignment who can help the team with understanding the business requirements and analyze any issues related to the pension system. Adopting a continuous growth mindset and open to learn new technologies to help drive forward automation.
The group’s principles are focused on delivering true customer value in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. They value challenging the status quo, innovative solutions, self-organization and practicality.
What you will do:
- Analyze and document business requirements related to all aspects of Pension systems and Architecture components such that appropriate solutions can be implemented.
- Research, document and develop reports and other solutions as requested by Front, Middle and Back Office users. Manage user expectations and keep users informed of the progress.
- Coordinate, assist and perform user acceptance and integration testing of all projects and\or reporting solution development. Ensure that all test cases have been executed and documented according to HOOPP standards and track all encountered issues.
- Assist staff in implementing/modifying daily operational procedures needed to run and maintain various operational functions.
- Continuously educate business users on latest technologies, various application functionality and improvements of Insight Applications capabilities in order to facilitate further process improvements and thus enriching the solution design process.
- Perform duties as required, in order to maintain levels of service specified by Service Level Agreements. This includes utilization of vendor’s support infrastructure for solving vendor application related issues that affect daily production and\or software implementation (upgrade or net new).
- Work closely with the development team in all stages of solution development life cycle and bridge the gap between business and technological sides of the solution.
- Manage and coordinate environment readiness for User Acceptance Testing as requested by users and\or in accordance with project plans.
- Maintain and develop all operational and solution specific documentation.
- Maintain daily Issues Log, Change Management Log, User Request Log and Application Access Control Log as required.
- Create test cases to be used in user acceptance and integration testing for new functionalities and improvements to the Insight Application.
- Access Service Now to resolve incidents and to analyst issues.
Who you are:
- University degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Management or any other related discipline.
- Experienced in web application performance testing. Ideally with experience building JMeter tests
- 5+ years’ experience in related role within IT
- Excellent analytical skills with high attention to details.
- Strong communication skills and high sense of ownership.
- SQL experience is strongly preferred
- Experience working with an Agile model and familiar with Agile practices is a plus.
- Previous experience with cloud platforms such as Azure is a plus.
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and with others