Our IT Corporate Solutions Group (CSG) is looking for an experienced individual who can fill a permanent, fulltime Lead Disaster Recovery role. Responsible for Disaster Recovery and Backup platform and technologies, this key role will partner with the IT Resilience Product Owner to drive Business Continuity and resiliency across the organization. As a Lead, you will act as Subject Matter Expert, providing leadership and support. Additionally, as a member within an Agile Enterprise team you will actively participate in general DevOps activities beyond backup and recovery related to HOOPP’s infrastructure and network.
- innovative, motivated and a quick thinker
- driven to be a trusted and valued contributor/partner
- collaborative and a strong team player, adept at building relationships
- able to thrive under pressure and pivot easily to adapt to change, based on business needs
- passionate about “moving the needle,” being a change agent and an influencer of growth
- satisfied in seeing your team’s ideas and dreams become reality to support the business’s objectives and mission of delivering the pension promise to our members.
Why you will love working with CSG:
- We are a valued part of the IT division that is foundational to HOOPP’s daily operations.
- We ensure the organization leverages the most effective cloud-based technology and software to allow cross-team collaboration while working in the office or remotely.
- We are responsible for supporting HOOPP’s divisions with strategic, configurable, and innovative solutions to solve business issues and enhance operational efficiencies.
- We are a hybrid work force, with our teams working remotely and onsite. We offer a hybrid flexible work model that embraces remote work in Ontario for eligible roles.
- Our efficiency, focus and hard work is complimented with a social and enthusiastic attitude.
- We are a diverse group of people and that is one of our greatest strengths. We are animal lovers, golfers, mountain bikers, hikers, amateur chefs and foodies, parents and game board enthusiasts. We are collegial and enjoy each other’s company. We push each other to be our best selves and we can’t wait to expand our work family.
Why you’ll love working at HOOPP:
- Help us deliver on our pension promise – You’ll be helping take care of 400,000 Ontario healthcare workers, who take care of us every day. At HOOPP, we have one goal and that is to provide our members with a secure retirement income for life.
- Be part of a high-performance culture that reflects our core values and celebrates diversity and inclusion – Our core values: professional, accountable, compassionate, collaborative and trustworthy, unite our employees and drive how we approach our work. We embrace equity and diversity and foster an inclusive environment so all our employees can thrive.
- Fun! Work hard and play hard. Our teams are passionate about what they do and the impact they’re making – and we work hard for it. We also know how to let loose and have fun!
- Robust benefits package for your overall well-being – You will have access to our world-class defined benefit pension, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits, annual wellness program for reimbursement of health and wellness related expenses, and virtual fitness, yoga and meditation classes.
What you will do:
- Fully understand HOOPP’s DR and BC plans and processes, and in collaboration with your IT Resilience counterpart, support, develop and improve those plans.
- Participate in the delivery of DR and BCP solutions in collaboration with other IT groups
- Platform owner and SME, proving our DR platform, Commvault, as a service to all other teams.
- Partner with IT Groups to ensure success in their Backup & Recovery / DR Programs which includes, Backup & Recovery / DR Planning, Runbook readiness, Backup & Recovery / DR Testing, DR Incident Readiness across all applications and systems.
- Provide leadership reviewing and aligning infrastructure architecture and implementations across the broader team with HOOPP’s DR Directives and response readiness to support the business.
- Accountable for technical roadmap and lifecycle of DR/BC solutions.
- Partner with Portfolio Leads on roadmap and multi-year strategy.
- Establish and maintain cross-departmental relationships to understand and plan activities of work in accordance with disaster recovery policies, release/project schedules and dependencies between departments, including representing the group at client and project meetings.
- As a member of the Enterprise Team learn and support other Enterprise technologies.
- Ensure the operations of the DR /BC Solutions are run as the desired SLA’s.
- Be an advocate and participate in the continuous improvement and automation of DR / BC solutions and other enterprise technologies involved with.
- Assist with the collaboration, communication, and management of third-party vendors required to execute the day-to-day duties.
- Provide Regular DN / BC reports on the effectiveness and completeness of the solutions.
- Partner with the Product/Service Owner to help the team to establish objectives and key results to maintain focus on high priority CSG and/or organizational priorities.
Who you are:
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 10 years Operations experience in a progressively more senior role including:
- 3 years in Operations leadership capacity related to Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity in the DevOps space
- Developing DR Plans
- Developing DR Runbooks
- Organizing and Facilitating DR Tests / Exercises.
- Production troubleshooting and support
- Automation / Orchestration of Operations.
- Backup and DR solutions
- Proven ability to learn and stay on top of IT trends and new technologies
- A thought-leader in the DR / IT resilience space who can clearly express ideas, concepts and architecture to all levels
- Detailed knowledge of enterprise applications, cloud technologies, and supporting platform technologies
- Development and/or scripting experience in the relevant DR Technologies. (PowerShell, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- General knowledge of source control tools Ex. Azure DevOps, Git, others
- Effective time management, organized, detail oriented.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability focused on IT resilience
- Strong leadership skills, such as coaching and motivating technical teams in an IT leadership role.
- Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly both written and verbally. Interact with all levels of the organization including clients in non-technical manner (i.e., without the technical ‘jargon’).
- Technical writing and diagramming skills
- Relevant Certifications will be an asset
- Knowledge of the Canada/Ontario regulatory requirements e.g. OSFI, FSCO, Canada Revenue Agency
- Backup and Recovery / Disaster Recovery technologies like Commvault, Veritas, Cloud SaaS Backups.
- Knowledge of Compute / Storage and Network Tech like, VMWARE, Nutanix, HyperV,
- Knowledge of Enterprise and Cloud Technology, specifically Microsoft Azure backup services and technology and/or AWS backup services and technology, Azure Site Recovery, Arcserve Replication and Continuous Availability
- Knowledge of service and hosting solutions such as public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms (Azure, AWS)
- Knowledge of enterprise technologies and how they integrate and work together (Firewalls, networks, Server, Storage etc.)
- Knowledge of configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Terraforms, Puppet etc.