The Corporate Accounting department within Financial Reporting & Business Planning is responsible for all activities relating to Accounts payable, Corporate Treasury and Accounting and Reporting of HOOPP’s operating expenses, Fixed Assets and HOOPP Payroll.
Reporting to Sr. Manager, Corporate Accounting, the Senior Associate, Corporate Accounting will be responsible for reviewing and auditing all employee and trustee expense reimbursement to ensure compliance with HOOPP’s policies and procedures.
What you will do:
- Review expense reports prior to payment to ensure compliance HOOPP’s policies and procedures.
- Request supporting documentation, enquire with employees to document review process to support assessment.
- Document exceptions and escalate appropriately to Senior Analyst.
- Ensure appropriate and timely follow-up of outstanding transactions and expense report audit enquiries.
- Prepare reporting on outstanding, aged transactions each week.
- Execute taxable benefit reporting. Compile data ensuring Tax and HR taxable reporting requirements are met.
- Perform full audit of expense reports for the year.
- Identify and recommend key operational metrics for expense reimbursements.
- Prepare Desktop procedures for expense reimbursement processing and compliance activities.
- Assist in operational and month-end activities as needed.
- Other Ad hoc responsibilities.
What you bring:
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in Finance.
- University degree in Accounting or related discipline
- Concur knowledge an asset
- Strong analytical skills and results oriented.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness
- Ability to manage high volumes of work while meeting tight deadlines
- Intermediate Microsoft Product User (Excel, Word)
- Organized and thorough in managing tasks.
- Knowledge of accounting standards & principles
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction as well as part of a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Identify and implement process improvements where necessary.
- Willing to assume other responsibilities as required