HOOPP’s IT division pushes beyond corporate technological norms to bring our members, our Fund and our enterprise the most innovative, efficient, and secure solutions. We support one of the best pension funds in the world, and we need people who are passionate and up for a challenge.
Our Pension Solutions Group (PSG) is looking for an experienced individual who can fill a permanent, fulltime DevOps Lead role. The DevOps Lead will report into the Director of Pension Infrastructure and is responsible for the support of the IT Pension Solutions Group application infrastructure in the cloud, including cost management and optimization, health and performance, security compliance, and network support.
Responsibilities include providing leadership for a team of DevOps Engineers, support for application provisioning in the cloud and release pipelines, the enforcement and continuous improvement of DevOps practices spanning configuration management tools, monitoring tools, standard policies and procedures, infrastructure, and support for all internally developed and vendor applications across all environments.
- innovative, motivated and a quick thinker
- driven to be a trusted and valued contributor/partner
- collaborative and a strong team player, adept at building relationships
- able to thrive under pressure and pivot easily to adapt to change, based on business needs
- passionate about “moving the needle,” being a change agent and an influencer of growth
- satisfied in seeing your team’s ideas and dreams become reality to support the business’s objectives and mission of delivering the pension promise to our members.
What you will do:
- Provide leadership for the team and department, support the determining of effort estimates and help the team to balance the priorities of work spanning multiple concurrent projects, ensuring that proper measurements are in place for tracking and reporting on work to stakeholder teams and/or management.
- Accountable for implementation, maintenance, control and security of applications/systems in all environments ensuring appropriate standards, documentation, internal change control, change management and additional appropriate processes are adhered to and maintained to support departmental agility.
- Control, maintain and seek to continually improve relevant tools. Collaborate with all internal teams defining processes in support of new development projects including requirements, source control, release management, build and deployment, testing, issue/defect tracking, and infrastructure.
- Establish and maintain cross-departmental relationships to understand and plan activities of work in accordance with release/project schedules and dependencies between departments, including representing the group at client and project meetings.
- Ensure production operations (tasks and scheduled jobs such as interfaces, reports, etc.) are implemented and maintained using an automated, scheduled, consistent approach, including monitoring and contribute to the on-call rotations schedule.
- Actively participate in various IT collaboration groups and communities to support the learning and development of DevOps resources across all of IT.
- Support, lead, and mentor teammates in day-to-day and longer-term initiatives.
- Support the team’s approach to the organization of troubleshooting activities.
- Act as a Product/Service Owner to establish objectives and key results to maintain focus on high priority PSG and/or organizational priorities.
- Actively participate in Agile Scrum ceremonies (i.e. stand ups, backlog refinement, planning and retrospectives) and recognize, recommend and implement additional Agile improvements directly related to the team’s responsibilities.
- Create a team atmosphere that promotes teamwork, cohesion, encourages knowledge sharing, cross training and collaboration.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching, training and development (which can include code reviews, design sessions and active participation in the Developer Community) and assist with the development of team corporate objectives in partnership with the Portfolio Lead.
- Oversee maintenance and improvement of standard automated software build and deployment processes ensuring a consistent methodology and technique.
- Assist with the collaboration, communication and management of third-party vendors in partnership with the Director.
Who you are:
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 10 years Operations experience in a progressively more senior role including:
- 2 years in an IT Operations leadership capacity
- Software Lifecycle Management (Source Control, Defect/Issue/Change Request Tracking, Build and Deployment)
- Application environment management
- Production troubleshooting and support
- Automation of tasks
- Monitoring Solutions
- Proven ability to learn and stay on top of IT trends and new technologies.
- Experience with n-tiered web applications and supporting platform technologies.
- Experience with databases and SQL (MS SQL Server).
- Experience installing and maintaining in-house developed and 3rd party software.
- Development and/or scripting experience.
- Knowledge of:
- Devices/Hardware, Networking and Security.
- Enterprise and Cloud Technology, preferably Microsoft Azure.
- Service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
- Source control tools (Azure DevOps, Git, others)
- Identity security technologies (SAML/Oauth), MFA and RBAC.
- Cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Configuration management and automation tools such as PowerShell DSC, Azure Automation, Ansible, Terraform.
- Effective time management, organized, detail oriented.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Strong leadership skills, such as coaching and motivating technical teams in an IT leadership role.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working within an Agile delivery team environment.
- Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly both written and verbally. Interact with all levels of the organization including clients in non-technical manner with minimal technical ‘jargon’.