A seasoned Project Manager with hands on experience in delivering projects in support of Organisational strategies. Reporting to the Senior Project & Portfolio Manager, the Project Manager will be asked to deliver multiple projects in parallel that meet their stated business objectives within agreed timeline and budget. Assigned projects will include medium to large scale enterprise wide projects utilizing cross functional teams consisting of both internal IESO staff as well as external service providers/vendors
What you’ll do
- Acts as a project manager with overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of projects. Demonstrates influencing skills to accomplish project objectives in a matrix reporting environment.
- Manages the project budget to avoid deviations and recommends corrective actions.
- Upon Project approval, plans and prepares for the timely launch of project implementation and close out.
- Develops project documentation with accurate cost, resource, and time estimates.
- Manages project interdependencies within the program/portfolio and ensures efficient utilization of project resources.
- Plans, acquires and engages external services through the IESO procurement process to resource and support project delivery.
- Working with the contract managers and procurement in the development of RFPs, evaluation of vendor submissions, and the establishment of contracts to ensure on-time project delivery. Ensures vendor resources are managed to statement of work and project objectives.
- Monitors and ensures effective and efficient use of the IESO control mechanisms so that major project decisions, such as solution design and scope changes, are approved by project sponsors and senior management; including stakeholders who are impacted by the outcome from the project.
- Works in compliance with all IESO Project Management governance, methodologies, standards, processes and templates. Ensures accurate and timely project level reporting, including scope, benefits, time, budget and risk.
What you will need to succeed
- Proven track record of leading projects through all phases of the Project Management life cycle.
- strong knowledge of project management; theory, principles, and practices including the Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices as well as PM tools such as MSProject, Visio, MSOffice.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle, infrastructure/network and IT operations.
- Proven history of delivering projects using Waterfall, Agile and hybrid methodologies.
- Requires strong facilitation and communications (written and oral) skills to prepare accurate, concise, and clear correspondence, procedures, guidelines, and reports.
- PMP certification is required.
- Energy/Electricity sector experience is an asset.
What’s in it for you
• A comprehensive total rewards program, including best-in-class benefits and a flexible workplace
• A challenging, fast-paced and collaborative team environment, where your perspectives and experiences matter
• Leaders who support your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching
• The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry
Deadline: August 5 2022
For future reference, please ensure to save a copy of the job description as it will no longer be available once the posting closes.
At the IESO, we know that achieving great results depends on embracing diversity by attracting, developing and retaining people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We do this by ensuring our recruitment and advancement policies are fair and equitable, and by creating an accessible and inclusive environment – one that values every team member’s unique skills and experiences and ensures they have the support they need to achieve their potential. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
We thank you for your interest in a career at the IESO, but we will only contact those candidates selected for an interview.
Note: The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a background check.