We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic design-focused individual with a minimum of 5 years interiors experience. The ideal candidate will have well-rounded experience in either an architectural or interior design firm and a demonstrated passion for excellence in design. They should also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, very good organizational skills, and be able to multi-task in a busy office.
- Assist the Interior Design Lead/ Project Architect in preparing and co-ordination of project schematic/conceptual design drawings and presentations
- Working on contract documents, plans, details and schedules, using Revit software.
- Prepare required layouts, sketches and space plans required to convey design intent
- Participate in the development of design solutions
- Assisting in the coordination of architectural, electrical, mechanical, structural consultants, and other consultants or vendors.
- Build and maintain great relationships with external and internal teams
- Co-ordinate and/or undertake the selection and specification of furniture systems, fixtures and equipment
- Coordinate and/or undertake the preparation of required project documents, minutes, schedules and specifications
- Attend on-site visits and field reviews and direct contractors and vendors as required
- Exercise strong knowledge and deep understanding of furniture materials and finishes
- Prepare interiors models and drawings using Revit and other modeling software
- 5 – 8 years of experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Advanced level of experience and skill in utilizing Revit
- Knowledge of federal, provincial and municipal building laws, building and safety codes, health and environmental standards and regulations for interiors
- Strong conceptual design and presentation experience
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Bluebeam
- A strong portfolio demonstrating significant design skills on projects from concept through completion.