Roles and Responsibilities:
- Detailed system-level study of electric powertrain topologies and configuration.
- Create and analyze the Powertrain Models, Component sizing, develop powertrain system requirement, electrical and thermal models.
- Collaborative work with mechanical, electrical, thermal, HW, SW, manufacturing, and test teams.
- Product level system design including Electrical motor, Transmission, Motor control unit, Mechanical, HW, and SW functions.
- Split the work content, delegate to the team, and team mentoring.
Experience & Skills:
- Familiar with a variety of modeling and simulation SW like GU Suite, Hyperworks, Ansys, COMSOL, and Matlab.
- Deep understanding of Electrical Powertrain, Motor Design, and controller algorithms.
- Knowledge in Multiphysics modeling and simulation.
- Systems approach Experience product design and development.
- Experience in working with a variety of battery technologies.
- Knowledge and in-depth understanding of FEA, CFD, DFMA, FMEA.
- Knowledge of Various traction motor advancements, motor control strategies, safety standards, and quality standards.
- Ability to understand and translates standards into concepts and from concept to requirements.
- Experience digital twin and creation of models for validating the concepts.
- Experience in DoE.
- Experience with various battery technologies, cell chemistries.
- Experience with electrical/electronic components used in Motor, Motor Controller, HW design, and development.
- Experience with high current power semiconductors (IGBT's, MOSFETs, Diodes), gate drive, and protection circuit design.
- Experience in the selection and use of microcontrollers and programmable logic devices and their peripheral circuitry (signal conditioning, board-level power supplies).
- Collaborate with MCU HW/FW and SW engineering team to successfully design, validate the concepts.
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT).
- Knowledge in powertrain optimization techniques and electric vehicles.