Roles and Responsibilities:
- Detailed system-level study of the battery pack and its features.
- Create and analyze the structural, electrical and thermal models.
- Collaborative work with mechanical, electrical, thermal, HW, SW, manufacturing and test teams.
- Product level system design including Mechanical, Structural, Battery interconnect, HW and SW functions.
- Split the work content, delegate to the team and team mentoring.
Experience & Skills:
- Familiar with a variety of modeling and simulation softwares like CATIA, Solidworks, Ansys, COMSOL, and Matlab.
- Knowledge in Multiphysics modeling and simulation.
- Systems approach Experience product design and development.
- Experience in working with a variety of battery technologies.
- Knowledge and in-depth understanding of FEA, CFD, DFMA, FMEA.
- Knowledge of Battery Standards, safety standards and quality standards.
- Ability to understand and translates standards into concepts and from concept to requirements.
- Experience digital twin and creation of models for validating the concepts.
- Experience in DoE.
- Experience with various battery technologies, cell chemistries.
- Experience with electrical/electronic components used in BMS HW design and development.
- Design experience in handling EMI/EMC concerns.
- Experience with high current power semiconductors (IGBT's, MOSFETs, Diodes), gate drive and protection circuit design.
- Experience in the selection and use of microcontrollers and programmable logic devices and their peripheral circuitry (signal conditioning, board-level power supplies).
- Collaborate with BMS HW/FW and SW engineering team to successfully design, validate the concepts.
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT).
- Knowledge in battery management systems and electric vehicles.