We are seeking a designated Accountant to join our Enbridge Gas Inc. (EGI) Finance Group! The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and helping to resolve potential accounting issues, along with accounting research analysis, and monthly reporting for internal management.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your financial career, while having meaningful interaction with many teams within the organization, please apply today!
What You Will Do:
- Assist with accounting research for EGI finance group and liaison with the various groups enterprise wide to resolve and communicate resolution
- Lead in identifying, resolving and escalating as needed any potential accounting issues to ensure timely resolution and accurate financial information in external filings
- Assist with review of Contracts prior to execution, assessing accounting implications
- Assist with month / quarter end close processes as needed
- Synthesize complex accounting issues and be able to explain their impacts to management
- Help identify and lead implementation for process improvements
- Ongoing support of ad hoc request and special projects as needed
- Ensure controls and processes are properly maintained and SOX compliance is achieved
- Maintain a working knowledge of US GAAP
Who You Are:
- University degree in a business or accounting program
- Possession of professional accounting designation (CPA) with 4+ years of directly related experience
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven oral and written communication skills both to technical and non-technical stakeholders including being able to present to senior management
- Proven interpersonal skills in dealing with and obtaining cooperation from others
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Willing to work under pressure and some overtime to meet tight deadlines
- Familiarity with Oracle, SAP and Hyperion Smartview
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience in a Public Practice Accounting role
- Experience in Technical Accounting/Accounting Research role
- Experience in External Financial Reporting role
- Enbridge Flex-Work Program
Enbridge provides competitive workplace programs that differentiate us and offer flexibility to our team members. Enbridge’s FlexWork (Hybrid Work Model) offers eligible employees the opportunity to work variable daily schedules with a flexible start and end time, to opt for a compressed workweek schedule, and the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. Role requirements determine your eligibility for each option or combination of options.
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.