RSM is looking for a dynamic Senior Associate to join our Assurance team. In this role your industry focus will be consumer products, manufacturing and real-estate. You will have the opportunity to work as a team member on diverse client engagements as part of our national and local practice. RSM’s assurance professionals help companies improve their performance through the most challenging business cycles.
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating audits of complex financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables
- Develop an understanding of the client’s business and needs, and become an industry specialist
- Understand and utilize RSM’s audit methodology
- Collaborate with the engagement manager/senior manager on engagement approach and execute on the plan using a risk-based approach
- Recognize industry-specific and general accounting and auditing issues, including but not limited to, inventory pricing, receivable discounts, allowances, incentives and bad debts, tax provisions and determine appropriate audit approach for such areas
- Provide insightful feedback on financial statements and prepare other client deliverables such as board communications, deficiency letters, management letters, etc.
- Supervise associates on engagement teams and function as an in-charge, monitoring and reporting regarding productivity and adherence to work plan and budget
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise
- Interact with clients to help ensure the information flow from client to audit team and vice versa is efficient
- Identify and communicate significant accounting and auditing matters to manager/senior manager and partner on engagement
- Identify performance improvement opportunities for team members
- Understand client and industry issues, and recognize opportunities for RSM to assist the client in increasing level and types of services
- Manage time appropriately across multiple projects
- Keep abreast of industry developments by reading trade publications and other relevant thought leadership
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Willingness to travel 25% of the year, depending on your clients
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) degree or equivalent degree from an accredited university
- 2 years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of GAAP and GAAS
- CPA designation or demonstrated progress towards obtaining CPA designation, including required CPA PEP courses from CPA Canada
In accordance with applicable law and RSM policy, prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If not vaccinated for COVID-19 they must qualify for an accommodation to this vaccination requirement or participate in testing. If you are located in New York, pursuant to current applicable law, you will be required to be vaccinated to enter the New York office and testing is not an option to enter the New York office. You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.