RSM is looking for a dynamic Supervisor to join our Assurance team. You will have the opportunity to work as a team member on diverse client engagements as part of our national and local practice. Our clients include local, national and internationally recognized manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers with diverse organizational structures operating in a variety of sectors. For decades, RSM’s assurance professionals have been helping companies improve their performance through the most challenging business cycles.
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating audits of complex financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables
- Develop an understanding of the client’s business and needs, and become a consumer products industry specialist
- Understand and utilize RSM’s audit methodology
- Lead the team through the entire audit process, preparing all necessary financial statements and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Collaborate with the engagement manager/senior manager on engagement approach and execute on the plan using a risk-based approach
- Recognize industry-specific and general accounting and auditing issues
- Provide insightful feedback on financial statements and prepare other client deliverables such as board communications, deficiency letters, management letters, etc.
- Supervise associates and seniors on engagement teams and function as an in-charge, monitoring and reporting regarding productivity and adherence to work plan and budget
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise
- Interact with clients to help ensure the information flow from client to audit team and vice versa is efficient
- Identify and communicate significant accounting and auditing matters to manager/senior manager and partner on engagement
- Identify performance improvement opportunities for team members
- Understand client and industry issues, and recognize opportunities for RSM to assist the client in increasing level and types of services
- Manage time appropriately across multiple projects
- Keep abreast of industry developments by reading trade publications and other relevant thought leadership
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Willingness to travel 25% of the year, depending on your clients
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) degree or equivalent degree from an accredited university
- 2 years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of GAAP and GAAS
- CPA designation or demonstrated progress towards obtaining CPA designation, including required CPA PEP courses from CPA Canada
- Previous IFRS experience
In accordance with applicable law and RSM policy, prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If not vaccinated for COVID-19 they must qualify for an accommodation to this vaccination requirement or participate in testing. If you are located in New York, pursuant to current applicable law, you will be required to be vaccinated to enter the New York office and testing is not an option to enter the New York office.