Our National IT organization is looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to our team!
The Software Engineer Senior is a mid-level to advanced level software developer with the ability to lead a team by assigning work, meeting delivery dates and budgets, milestones, and deadlines for assigned projects. The Software Engineer Senior is able to work independently while making sound decisions that move projects forward effectively.
The Software Engineer Senior ensures team members are coached through their assignments and show growth at the end of each project. This role also arranges mentoring by other team members while taking ownership of skill growth of their project team and other projects.
- Construction and unit testing of software on various platforms including web, desktop, and client server. Uses available technologies to create reusable, extendable, and maintainable systems and components.
- Analysis of existing systems, implementation of requirements and change requests into design deliverables.
- Leadership of developers and sometimes others through project construction phase.
- Requires planning, delegation, and status with management.
- Able to see beyond the specific project and advise leadership of issues, risks, and more strategic methods to implement the project.
- Influences peers and networks well across the IT organization and into the Business organization.
- Communication with project team members including assisting QA with testing of software, assist tech lead and project management with estimation, planning, and project status, and assistance with identifying project issues and risks.
- Review, validation, and interpretation of business and non-functional requirements. Interaction with Business Analysts and Business contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer programming, Information Systems or similar field, or equivalent work experience in a computer-related field.
- Microsoft SQL Server, C#.NET, ASP.NET, Web development knowledge
- Azure, AKS, Docker, YAML
- Microservices, Messaging, distributed computing concepts
- Cloud, Hybrid, On Premise solutions
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC TO JOB EXPERIENCE:
- Usually, 8 or more years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiarity with Cloud, Microservices, Integration concepts
- Familiarity with and comfortable with an agile delivery SDLC
- May function as performance advisor for staff and assist with their goal and development plan
- Training or experience in the accounting/auditing field
- Good understanding of accounting methodologies
- Strong attention to detail
In accordance with applicable law and RSM policy, prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If not vaccinated for COVID-19 they must qualify for an accommodation to this vaccination requirement or participate in testing.
If you are located in New York, pursuant to current applicable law, you will be required to be vaccinated to enter the New York office and testing is not an option to enter the New York office.