LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
The Integration Operations Specialist will report to the Director, Enterprise Architecture and will be involved in operating and evolving the Enterprise Integration Platform (EIP), helping migrate system interfaces and working with IT operations and development teams to build, operate, maintain and monitor new and existing system integration environments. They will understand the intricacies of the Enterprise Integration Platform and work with the platform vendor(s) to ensure highly effective corporate integration capabilities. They will also provide skilled platform deployment, performance monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities, while also ensuring adherence to standards and governance best practices to optimize IT operations.
- Apply effective and efficient systems operations practices to the Enterprise Integration Platform and associated integration components such as gateways and transformation and business rules engines.
- Ensure corporate ITSM best practices are incorporated into the platform operation and leverage established alerting and monitoring systems.
- Have effective processes in place to manage platform resources to ensure efficient and cost effective operations.
- Work with the EIP vendor through appropriate escalation and periodic review of their Cloud environment to alleviate any performance or reliability issues.
- Establish metrics and KPIs that allow visibility of platform performance and reliability, together with the ability to continuously improve the EIP publish-and-subscribe Cloud orientated model.
- Collaborate with a high performance team of IT operations specialists.
- Collaborate with units within IT and operate an enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and synchronized with IT and business needs.
- Work with various business and IT stakeholders to demonstrate and show business value of enterprise-wide integration applications and associated services.
Interface Development and Maintenance
- Ensure the completeness (fitness for purpose) of the integration platform(s) configurations.
- Implement, operate and maintain integration elements such as APIs, streams, queues, etc.
- Work with the LifeLabs Development Teams to ensure deployment, maintenance, operation and monitoring of APIs and interfaces in internal and Cloud environments.
- Concentrate on the elements that can add significant value to the organization without being too detail orientated in areas that add little value.
Policies and Standards
- Help develop and maintain policies, standards and guidelines that facilitate the operation, maintenance, implementation and use of the Enterprise Integration Platform within the enterprise.
- Ensure new and existing API/interface usage and monitoring is compliant with IT standards and policies.
- Document the platform operating processes and procedures and relate to vendor product best practices and LifeLabs ITSM ecosystem, while keeping up-to-date as part of the platform lifecycle.
- University degree relevant to Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of general Information Technology experience
- 3 years IT integration platform operations experience
- Strong knowledge of complex IT systems operation in both on-premise and Cloud environments
- Strong knowledge of middleware / SOA and SaaS/Paas/IaaS solutions and the operation of web services and APIs in those environments
- Some experience of software development methodologies and structured approaches to system integration deployment
- Varied knowledge of COTS integration products
- Good verbal and written skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to influence decision makers, peers and technical resources in field of practice
- Knowledge and/or training in IBM Cloud Pak for Integration and associated technologies is desirable
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
LifeLabs operates under a distributed workforce model, where employee flexibility is a key priority. Further information will be provided during the interview process on what this means for employees.