Ola is committed to its mission of building mobility for a billion people. Using the Ola mobile app, users across 110 cities can book from over 6,00,000 vehicles across cabs, auto-rickshaws and taxis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the performance of day-to-day operational support for server, storage or network infrastructures.
- Oversees the building, patching, testing (check for compatibility issues, conducts QA) and deployment of systems and platforms meeting clients’ needs and specifications.
- Oversees plans and implements changes to infrastructure with the goal of enhancing performance.
- Oversees storage and server data backup, data migration and disaster recovery operations.
- Oversees software and operating system upgrades and track system licensing.
- Oversees the configuration of security settings or access permissions for groups and individuals.
- Documents complex procedures and complex troubleshooting procedures related to systems/networks software and hardware.
- Configures, monitors maintain and oversees the office and/or production software, adjunct support and/or utility software, i.e. Virus malware protection, office application suites and/or application software.
- Evaluates and recommend new technologies, optimize operational efficiency, and troubleshoot problems arising in the infrastructure environments.
- Participates in deployment of overall enterprise disaster recovery (DR) strategy.
Critical Functional Skills (Any Certifications Preferred):
- Linux: In-depth Linux/Unix fundamentals, various Linux kernel subsystems (memory, storage, network etc) fundamentals.
- Fundamentals: DNS & Networking Fundamentals, TCP/UDP, IP Routing, HA & Load Balancing Concepts.
- Application Stacks: LAMP, Nginx/HAproxy/ATS, Tomcat/Jboss etc.
- Databases:SQL/RDBMS Fundamentals, MySQL, Replication concepts, NoSQL
- Configuration management: Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Tools/Utilities: Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, Kickstart/Cobbler, Mcollective, Yum, RPM, GIT/SVN
- Programming: Good programming fundamentals, Coding in any of PERL/Ruby/Python/PHP/Go etc.
- Others: Regular expressions, Good troubleshooting skills.
- Plus: Knowledge of virtualization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present to and influence both technical and business stakeholders. Ability to understand complex problems while presenting them simplistically.
- Experience working with emerging technology, defining effective security controls for cases of the first impression
- Ability to produce and present presentations on technical subjects.
- CISSP or equivalent certification