Exciting opportunity to join the Credits & Incentive team of a leading accounting & advisory firm. RSM is growing rapidly and has created a culture that offers opportunity, personal fulfillment through results, and long-term professional growth.
We are currently seeking an exceptional Manager to join our growing team across Canada. In this role you will be a client facing expert delivering SR&ED services to many clients in the middle market, developing and cultivating client relationships.
- As a member of a team, provide exceptional customer service to the firm’s clients by providing timely and responsive consulting services.
- Prepare an engagement plan and communication plan for each folder and ensure these are communicated and signed off by clients.
- Attend technical interviews, assist in ensuring that all eligible projects are uncovered, and ensure all essential financial information required is gathered for the preparation of the SR&ED claim.
- Working with our technical team to identify eligible SR&ED expenditures and collaboratively preparing SR&ED claims.
- Differentiate between routine operations and genuine experimentation to identify qualifying activities and projects.
- Applying a methodology based upon specific facts and dates is essential. The manager is also responsible for ensuring all costs (direct and support costs) are identified and supported.
- Prepare the Costing on or before agreed upon deadlines and complete all tax forms associated the SR&ED claims.
- Provide clients with professional and timely advice relating to documentation, the SR&ED program, and its compliance.
- Prepare resource utilization and assist with the Costing that is commensurate the technical descriptions.
- Preparing and sending final client packages
- Assist and guide clients during financial reviews with the CRA.
- Stay current with the latest developments and changes in the SR&ED legislature as well as case law.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Preferred minimum 3-5 years of experience in preparing SR&ED tax credit claims.
- University degree in related field (Commerce/Accounting) and/or strong finance and tax expertise.
- Pursuing or completed CPA and/or In-Depth Tax course.
- Willingness to develop an in-depth understanding of the SR&ED program and contribute to the continually improving internal documentation, tools, methods, and models.
- Outstanding oral communication skills and ability to articulately the subtleties of the SR&ED program, discuss in technical terms with our clients to draw out the development obstacles they faced, and advancements they made.
- Excellent technical and persuasive writing skills, as well as strong writing capabilities.
- Excellent time management skills essential in simultaneously handling multiple client assignments as well as the ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel to client locations is desirable.