RSM’s purpose is to deliver the power of being understood to our clients, colleagues and communities through world-class audit, tax and consulting services focused on middle market businesses. The clients we serve are the engine of global commerce and economic growth, and we are focused on developing leading professionals and services to meet their evolving needs in today’s ever-changing business environment.
Our business valuation team performs valuations of business entities, intellectual property, intangible assets, common and preferred stock and other securities along with partnership interests, private debt instruments, options, warrants, and other derivative products.
We are looking for a Senior Director of Business Valuation to be part of our Financial Consulting Team to be based out of Toronto, Calgary or Edmonton!
Our Financial Consulting Team is known for their expertise in analyzing and resolving complex situations which often require the application of sophisticated business valuation techniques.
- Act as the primary advisor to clients and manage engagement with team members
- Effectively manage overall relationships to exceed client satisfaction including developing and maintaining strong relationships with centers of influence and professionals
- Manage, mentor, coach, train and develop your team and other business valuation professionals
- Maintain an established referral network and pipeline of potential clients
- Network with peers in other geographic markets and in other areas of assurance, tax and business consulting
- Manage the fundamentals including realization, utilization, accounts receivable, and expenses
- Successfully integrate the strategy of the firm
- Heighten the RSM brand by demonstrating thought leadership and embracing RSM marketing campaigns and programs
- Establish and maintain an effective sales and marketing process in the valuation practice area Specific growth goals will be established and incorporated in key goals
- Promote cross-selling and integrating of service line of business and more
- 8+ years in a management or leadership role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation
- Experience with financial reporting Valuation
- Database experience with Capital IQ, Mergerstat, or other transaction databases
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience in managing client relationships and leveraging them to sell the firm’s solutions
- Ability to exceed client expectations in a sophisticated large consulting or accounting firm environment with a demonstrated ability to develop business and a productive referral network
- Flexibility to travel to clients and other RSM offices as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to gather facts, organize data, analyze financial statements and other financial data, and identify relevant issues