Roles and Responsibilities
- The Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager is a vital position responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the staff and infrastructure that runs a critical 24 x 7 environment. This individual will manage a large team of NOC resources to ensure consistent, reliable, high-performing and available systems to our enterprise. Strong management, communication, and operational excellence are required to ensure continuous improvement of Network availability across the enterprise.
- Developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly in the support of network infrastructure and contract center operability.
- Schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware, routing and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Responsibility for Incident Management, Problem Management, Monitoring Response, and Reporting/Metrics.
- Ensure the oversight, organization, and motivation of all the team members of the NOC.
- 24/7 responsibility for network (voice and data) availability.
- Build, develop, and lead a remote team of technical NOC resources.
- Ensure processes and resources are aligned towards achieving committed SLAs and KPIs.
- Proactive communication on network health, impacts, executive escalations, and other critical analysis to Management and key stakeholders.
- Build, develop, and lead problem management processes to ensure long-term network performance and stability.
- Define processes and controls providing on-call support.
- Provide guidance and assistance to network operations to maintain the availability and performance of network services at the highest possible levels.
- Establish and Maintain key relationships with strategic suppliers
- Lead recovery team for Network Outages and prepare post-mortem root-cause-analysis.
Critical Functional Skills
- Knowledge of network management platforms
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of internet infrastructure technologies
- Experience ITIL Management Suites such as Service-Now or Remedy.
- Strong follow-through and initiative to stay with issues until they are resolved, along with discipline and tenacity to meet deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced with aggressive deadlines.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership skills including the ability to communicate appropriate detail to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage remote teams in multiple time-zones.
- Strong analytical skills, proven functional and technical analysis skills, professional client interaction.