RSM Canada LLP is looking for a dynamic Tax Senior to join our national Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Tax group. This is a rapidly growing consulting practice with significant advancement opportunities. We advise multinational corporations, privately held companies, partnerships, and private equity firms on the tax aspects of planning, structuring, and executing M&A transactions.
Location can be flexible within Canada, with preference given to candidates within the Toronto area but open to those in Alberta and Vancouver.
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on delivering due diligence and tax structuring services, and communicates findings and opportunities to clients
- Work with and assist other senior members of the M&A Tax practice with various technical tax issues dealing with CCPC’s, Public Corporations, partnerships and international/cross-border M&A advisory
- Assist clients with various advisory mandates including reorganizations, pre-sale planning (buy side and sell side), tax structuring for financings, debt restructurings, recapitalization transactions, safe income computations, modeling, general tax transaction support
- Managing multiple engagements simultaneously and working with colleagues across the enterprise, domestic and international
- Develop, motivate, and train staff and senior level team members
- 3+ years of experience in a public accounting firm preferably in a full time tax role
- CPA or equivalent required
- Started or looking to start the CPA In-depth tax program
- Able to prepare corporate tax returns with some complexity (including identifying cross border taxation issues, identify unusual or extra ordinary transactions etc.)
- Ability to handle multiple engagements and manage workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, research and writing skills