Luxurious hotel living with classic European style, The Sutton Place Hotel's luxury hospitality experience has arrived in Halifax. An integral part of Nova Centre, and located in the heart of our city, The Sutton Place Hotel Halifax offers elegant modern charm in a marriage of traditional and contemporary design with the warmth of East Coast Hospitality.
Each of our 262 guest rooms and suites are fully automated with lights, temperature, and fan regulators all accessed through the Allure in-room wall control, iPhone, Android, or manually. Our fully equipped fitness centre, on-site Chop Steakhouse & Bar, and underground parking are a few of the amenities that provide the ultimate in service, comfort, and style unique to our well-appointed location.
Our dedication to the health and safety of our guests, employees and partners is paramount and we follow our PureClean program- Staying Safe Together.
The key to providing this exceptional service level is our team and we are currently considering candidates for the following position:
Maintenance Person- General
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Person will work as a part of the engineering team to repair and proactively maintain all hotel facilities in a responsible, efficient and professional manner.
- Perform preventative maintenance, repairs, or other tasks as assigned in a safe manner (painting, vinyl wallpaper repair, repair/replace tile, grouting, and caulking, assist with maintaining of outdoor spa, in room repairs, minor plumbing, and electrical repairs.
- Responds quickly to guest requests and process work orders as assigned
- Is a member of the crisis response team
- Maintains Maintenance shop and inventory
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service and leads by example
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Follows and promotes PureClean Guidelines
- Contributes to a healthy and safe work environment by reporting all safety hazards, following WHMIS and Fire safety training, and working in a safe manner.
- Consistently practices guest and associate privacy and security
- This is an excellent opportunity for a warm, energetic, self-motivated, team-oriented individual with;
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a general maintenance environment
- Electrical, plumbing and HVAC experience an asset
- Previous experience using a preventative maintenance program an asset
- Previous experience in a hotel environment an asset
- Previous opera experience an asset
- First Aid, WHMIS, an asset
- Flexibility in shift availability a must. Days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Team rates from $59 per night
- 25% discount at our restaurants for up to 6 people
- ½ price passes/lift tickets at Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- RRSP Matching for eligible employees
- HumanaCare free mental health support & counselling
- Employment milestone rewards
- Ongoing employee events, incentives and recognition
- Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.