Luxurious hotel living with classic European style, The Sutton Place Hotel's luxury hospitality experience has arrived in Halifax. An integral part of Nova Centre, and located in the heart of our city, The Sutton Place Hotel Halifax offers elegant modern charm in a marriage of traditional and contemporary design with the warmth of East Coast Hospitality.
Each of our 262 guest rooms and suites are fully automated with lights, temperature, and fan regulators all accessed through the Allure in-room wall control, iPhone, Android, or manually. Our fully equipped fitness centre, on-site Chop Steakhouse & Bar, and underground parking are a few of the amenities that provide the ultimate in service, comfort, and style unique to our well-appointed location.
Our dedication to the health and safety of our guests, employees and partners is paramount and we follow our PureClean program- Staying Safe Together.
The key to providing this exceptional service level is our team and we are currently considering candidates for the following position:
Housekeeping Room Attendant
The successful candidate will consistently provide a warm welcome and exceptional experiences to our guests in a prompt and courteous manner within the framework of hotel and departmental guidelines. Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing rooms for guest arrival and responding to special guest requests (i.e. allergies, extra supplies/amenities).
- Strictly adheres to and promotes PureClean guidelines
- Making and changing beds/sheets and cleaning washrooms
- Cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting guest rooms and washrooms
- Vacuuming, dusting, and polishing.
- Reporting lost and found articles, unusual circumstances or special room concerns (i.e. smoking in room).
- Seasonal and deep cleaning of guest rooms as required.
- Maintaining linen rooms, housekeeping closets and stocking carts.
- Providing information to guests about hotel services and facilities.
- Demonstrating teamwork by cooperating and assisting co-workers as needed and consistently practices guest and associate privacy and security.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a warm, energetic, self-motivated, team-oriented individual with previous cleaning experience.
- Previous hotel cleaning experience required
- Must be able to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience using a variety of cleaning supplies, equipment and tools
- WHMIS certification an asset.
- Team rates from $59 per night
- 25% discount at our restaurants for up to 6 people
- ½ price passes/lift tickets at Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- RRSP Matching for eligible employees
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care (after 3 months of full-time service)
- HumanaCare free mental health support & counselling
- Employment milestone rewards
- Ongoing employee events, incentives and recognition
- Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.