Luxurious hotel living with classic European style, The Sutton Place Hotel's luxury hospitality experience has arrived in Halifax. An integral part of Nova Centre, and located in the heart of our city, The Sutton Place Hotel Halifax offers elegant modern charm in a marriage of traditional and contemporary design with the warmth of East Coast Hospitality.
Each of our 262 guest rooms and suites are fully automated with lights, temperature, and fan regulators all accessed through the Allure in-room wall control, iPhone, Android, or manually. Our fully equipped fitness centre, on-site Chop Steakhouse & Bar, and underground parking are a few of the amenities that provide the ultimate in service, comfort, and style unique to our well-appointed location.
- Team rates from $59 per night
- 25% discount at our restaurants for up to 6 people
- ½ price passes/lift tickets at Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- RRSP Matching for eligible employees
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care (after 3 months of full-time service)
- HumanaCare free mental health support & counselling
- Employment milestone rewards
- Ongoing employee events, incentives and recognition
- The key to providing this exceptional service level is our team and we are currently considering candidates for the following positions:
Bell Person/Valet - Day Time
Bell Person/Valet - Overnight
- The Successful applicant will be responsible for welcoming and greeting guests to the hotel
- Assisting guests and visitors promptly with the highest level of service, retrieving and delivering luggage to and from guest rooms in a friendly and professional manner.
- This integral position will also be responsible for orienting guests to all Hotel facilities, services and outlets inclusive of the complete rooming process
- Responsibilities will also include (but are not limited to):
- Check-in and check-out assistance as required
- Providing detailed information to guests about the hotel and the surrounding area
- Assisting with emergency response as required
- Providing valet parking services
- This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated individual.
- Candidate must have proven exceptional guest service and communication skills
- A good knowledge of Halifax and Nova Scotia.
- Strong attention to detail & ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven organizational abilities
- Be physically able to lift and carry heavy luggage and push/pull luggage carts
- Minimum Grade 12 education required
- Candidates must possess a valid Nova Scotia Driver's License with a clear driving abstract
- Flexibility in shifts is essential as you may be required to work some evenings.
- Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.