We are currently accepting applications for the position of Operations Manager - Maternity Leave Cover. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
To oversee the hotel operation, including Housekeeping, Security, Guest Services and Maintenance, working closely with Human Resources. The Operations Manager must ensure the consistency and quality of the guest experience, as well as meeting company financial and efficiency targets.
The successful candidate will lead the Guest Services teams - responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting the general hotel operation in a leadership capacity and/ or as required.
- Overseeing the daily operations of the Guest Services, Housekeeping and Engineering departments.
- Ensuring exceptional guest experiences as a consistent & standard deliverable.
- Establish communication with guests as well as assist with the resolution of any problems.
- Employee engagement, training and professional development of the leadership team and staff.
- Efficient emergency response.
- Effective inventory, yield, and revenue management.
- Managing the daily operation according to the budget and financial forecast, with a focus on cost control and efficiency. Monitor the purchase requisitions of each department to ensure profitability.
- Staffing the hotel appropriately, also including recruiting, training and the coaching and supporting of all team members.
- Ensure exceptional communication between all departments.
- Assist in the implementation and facilitation of capital projects and goals.
- Any other duties as required.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a positive, professional, innovative, results-oriented individual with outstanding communication skills and proven "hands-on" management style. Candidate must have:
- Must be outgoing, self-motivated, goal-orientated, with exceptional guest relations, problem-solving & organizational skills.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a hotel senior leadership role, and 5 years industry experience with a focus on Guest Services.
- Must have proven leadership abilities including effective recruiting and retention skills, training, performance management, and professional development.
- Requirement for exceptional communication skills, and a background in short and long-term planning.
- Competent in reading business financials and hold a solid understanding of revenue and yield management.
- Strong knowledge of all facets of Front Office operations, with a commitment to service excellence, and the ability to develop effective training programs.
- A degree/diploma in Business Management/ Administration and or Hospitality Management programs preferred.
- Additional languages an asset.
- The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
- Complimentary Season's Pass to Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Reciprocal deals on lift tickets at other local mountains
- Third Party partnership discounts for all employees.
- Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care after 6 months of full-time employment.
- Matching RRSP program (after 1 year of service) for full time employment only.