The Sutton Place Hotel at Revelstoke Mountain Resort is recruiting for the position of Maintenance Worker. The Maintenance Worker will be responsible for performing general building and property maintenance. The successful applicant must have good communication skills, be service oriented, efficient at planning and organizing work, critical thinking, a team worker who is responsible and accountable for own job performance.
- Respond to client requests for maintenance in hotel rooms.
- Perform regular property inspections of the hotel including common areas, building exterior, and landscape.
- Perform minor repairs on windows, doors, switches, desks, tables, plugs, equipment, appliances, sinks, toilets, blinds, electrical, plumbing etc.
- Carpentry skills and experience pertaining to metal and timber framing, drywall installation, finishing and experience in cabinet making/joinery would be an asset.
- Maintain heating and air conditioning systems, perform routine checks of boilers, pumps, fan units, control panels, thermostats, cooling towers, etc.
- Maintain outside grounds (remove snow, ice, and debris, spray and remove weeds, sweep, and clean gutters, water and maintain sprinkling systems).
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
- Prepare, paint, and decorate interior and exterior surfaces, as required
- Regular Pool and Hot Tub Maintenance and Checks
- Moving Furniture
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- High school diploma/GED.
- 2 years of maintenance experience or Trade background
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings.
- Ability to perform small repairs (e.g., caulking, replacing washers, and replacing light fixtures, waterproofing and tiling).
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Various indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
- Interact with management, colleagues, and public
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Complimentary Season's Pass to Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Reciprocal deals on lift tickets at other local mountains.
- Third Party partnership discounts for all employees.
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care (after 6 months of full-time service)
- Matching RRSP program (after 1 year of full-time service)
- The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.