We are currently accepting applications for the position of Executive Housekeeper.
The successful candidate will lead the housekeeping and laundry teams - responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Motivating, coaching and developing team members to provide exceptional services to our guests
- Ensuring exceptional cleanliness and orderliness of the guest rooms, public areas, back-of-house areas, as well as efficient operation of the laundry department.
- Maintaining supply and equipment inventories while monitoring expenditures and cost controls
- Reports to the Operations Manager, and collaborates with all other department leaders, in particular the Front Office Manager and the Maintenance Manager.
- Ensuring that Health, Wellness & Safety standards are met and exceeded, including knowledge of and proper use of cleaning and other chemicals, proper lifting procedures, etc.
- Overseeing fair and effective scheduling and performance management of the team members in conjunction with the Housekeeping Assistant/Supervisor and Human Resources
- Effective planning, problem-solving, budgeting & reporting in order to continually improve operations & efficiency, and achieve service goals as well as financial targets
This is an excellent opportunity for a positive, professional, innovative, results-oriented individual with outstanding communication skills and proven "hands-on" management style. Candidate must have:
- Minimum three years housekeeping or similar leadership experience, in a similar 4+ star hotel/ resort environment
- Strong knowledge of all facets of housekeeping operations, with a commitment to service excellence, and the ability to develop effective training programs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with clearly demonstrated leadership and motivational abilities
- The initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and resolve them in a timely manner with sound decision-making skills
- Strong organizational skills & outstanding attention to detail, with an emphasis on achieving objectives within deadlines
- Degree/Diploma in Hospitality Management or comparable experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Hotel PMS systems.
- Complimentary Season's Pass to Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Reciprocal deals on lift tickets at other local mountains
- Third Party partnership discounts for all employees.
- Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care after 6 months of full-time employment.
- Matching RRSP program (after 1 year of service) for full time employment only.
- The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.