Fidelity Clearing Canada (FCC) is the leading independent clearing broker and custodian in the Canadian market. Based in Toronto, Fidelity Clearing Canada provides trade execution, clearing, custody and back-office support services to Canadian-based brokerage firms and the Canadian brokerage arms of U.S.-based firms.
What You Will Do
We are looking for an experienced client facing professional with a proven ability to establish relationships and consult with sophisticated institutional and retail investment firms to join our growing team as VP Account Management. You will play a critical leadership role in driving business results for FCC and its highest priority clients. You will focus on nurturing existing client relationships with the goals of helping these clients grow their business while also enhancing the value of those client relationships by proactively working to develop a thorough understanding of client goals and challenges and building deep relationships. You will also spend time thinking critically about key topics including industry trends, products, platforms, client opportunities and sharing best practices.
- Lead and manage relationships at a senior level with FCC’s largest clients, ensuring that clients receive the appropriate levels of service
- Develop and successfully execute account management strategies, road map and growth plans
- Articulate client account strategy and updates to the FCC leadership and lead actualization of that strategy
- Build relationships with Fidelity’s global organization to leverage the firm’s full capabilities and partner with various leaders to identify and successfully capitalize on effective client solutions to better support assigned clients
- Supporting Client Growth and Enhancing their Advisor/Investor Experience:
- Find opportunities to accelerate our partner’s business in terms of asset growth, efficiency and profitability by taking a proactive and consultative approach to deliver solutions that meet clients' needs
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the clients’ business, achieved via conversations with the client, industry approach and research
- Demonstrate thought leadership on industry trends and regulatory change through consultation with clients and centres of influence
- Client Needs Assessment and Product Solutions and Sales Support:
- Grow the adoption rates of FCC products and services
- Participate in the direction/roadmap to further enhance our product/solution offering for the Introducing Broker segment, proactively finding opportunities to align offerings with the client’s priorities
- Identify opportunities to diversify and grow the key revenue drivers of FCC with a keen focus on revenue generating technology and product solutions
- Escalation and Prioritization of Client and FCC Systematic Issues:
- Champion a unified internal approach to supporting FCC clients in an efficient, professional and aligned manner
- Develop a seamless and collaborative relationship between the strategic account, management team, product management, marketing and client service/operations teams
- Stay informed of critical operational, technology or compliance issues and escalations that impact the client, collaborating with internal teams to address larger/complex issues
- Utilize performance metrics and executive reporting to analyze, understand and present operating trends to the client in a way that creates efficiencies for the organization and the client, acting as the "Client Champion/Advocate", and the "Voice of the Client"
What We Are Looking For
- Completion of a University Degree or equivalent work experience
- 10 or more years of experience in a client relationship or similar role within the financial services industry, preferably in the brokerage industry
- Knowledge of brokerage operations is preferred
- The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with retail and institutional broker market and Portfolio Manager space
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course and/or CFA designation
The Expertise You Bring
- Able to lead, empower, and influence a wide spectrum of people; a team builder and enabler
- Proven high capability to achieve strategic impact when advocating for product, platform or organizational change to meet client demands
- Action-oriented; thinks and acts as a businessperson and employs a strategic mindset
- Ability to leverage data to make informed business decisions and add value to client relationships
- Ability to effectively communicate complex business items to senior management with a recommendation that considers various options
- Experience with the full breadth of investment solutions, products and services provided to Institutional clients
- Experience negotiating large, complex contracts
- Demonstrated success in leading or partnering with a sales function and delivering bottom line results
- Developed high performance organizations where there is a focus on delivering the highest quality investment solutions and client experience
- Focused on doing things ethically and professionally; possesses and instills a high degree of personal and professional integrity
- Current work authorization for Canada is required for all openings
- Given the current circumstances, employees will be working from home. As working conditions return to normal, this role will shift to a hybrid working arrangement
- Employment with Fidelity will be conditional upon the successful candidate having received a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada, at least 14 days prior to their start date. This requirement is subject to exemptions pursuant to human rights legislation in your province of employment.
Fidelity Canada is anequal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering adiverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants foremployment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, familystatus, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or anyother legally-protected ground.
Accommodation duringthe application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encouragesapplications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available onrequest for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require anaccommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiriesor agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please beadvised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why Work at Fidelity?
We are proud to berecipients of the following:
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers (5th consecutive year) 2021
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (9th consecutive year) 2021
- Canada’s Top Family Friendly Employer (4th consecutive year) 2021
- Imagine Canada, Caring Company
- Canada’s Top Employer For Young People 2021
- National HR Awards - Best Corporate Social Responsibility Program Award, Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award
- Workplace Benefits Awards – Health and Wellness Program
- Canadian Compassionate Companies Award
- A Canadian Compassionate Company
- An Imagine Canada Caring Company