Fidelity Clearing Canada (FCC) is the leading independent clearing broker and custodian in the Canadian market. We provide trade execution, clearing, custody and back-office support services to Canadian-based brokerage firms and the Canadian brokerage arms of U.S.-based firms.
For more information about Fidelity Clearing Canada, please visit https://clearing.fidelity.ca/
The Operations Control Services Specialist is a part of the Control Services department and will be trained on all functions of the department and rotate regularly. Members of the team are to ensure complete and accurate reconciliation of control accounts on a daily and monthly basis, all tasks associated with futures clearing, and maintenance of the Security Master system. Each member of the team will be fully integrated and be able to perform all department functions.
The Control Services team is made up of the Reconciliation, Futures and Security Master departments. The department is responsible for daily and monthly reconciliation of clearing, broker, and control accounts. The area is also responsible for daily reconciliation and client support for futures trading. Daily Security Master support and security pricing are also responsibilities under Control Services .
What You Will Do:
- Ensure all settlement clearing accounts are reconciled daily and breaks reported to the applicable departments for adjustments.
- Ensure all non-mutual fund depository ledgers are reconciled daily and breaks reported to the applicable departments for adjustments.
- Option accounts with the designated US options clearer are reconciled and cash balances are settled daily.
- Daily reconciliation and analysis of internal foreign exchange accounts and foreign currency accounts with the custodian
- Oversee the Operations reconciliation P&P in accordance with regulatory and internal requirements.
- Preparation of month end reporting of unresolved difference to the Finance department.
- Monitor futures trading intraday to ensure all trades are being captured in the back office books and records platform.
- Process position transfers/adjustments in the clearing corporations’ systems to align with the FCC back office books and records.
- Determine offsetting requirements of open futures positions at the clearing corporations, designated clearing firms and the FCC back office books and records platform, and take the necessary steps to offset.
- Monitor the OCR reporting requirements for regulators and exchanges and the submission of reports when EOD limits are exceeded.
- New account opening and maintenance of commissions and fees in the FCC back office books and records platform for futures.
- Setup and mapping of futures products in the FCC back office books and records to ensure straight through processing of futures trades.
- Act as the FCC point person for security master related inquiries. Monitor the security master inbox for client processing requests, vendor inquiries and pricing files.
- Security pricing by manual process and file uploads. Understand and adhere to FCC’s pricing policy.
- Other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For
- More than 5 years of relevant experience in operations within the financial services findustry
- Prior experience in brokerage and/or correspondent clearing and custody business is preferred
- Reconciliation of Settlement accounts and Broadridge Dataphile knowledge is an asset
- Two-year post-secondary program
- Canadian Securities Course or IFIC certificate is an asset
The Expertise You Bring
- Strong organization skills with ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Works well in a team environment, as well as working independently on individual tasks
- Proficiency in MS Office an asset
Fidelity Canada is anequal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering adiverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants foremployment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, familystatus, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or anyother legally-protected ground.
Accommodation duringthe application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encouragesapplications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available onrequest for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require anaccommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiriesor agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please beadvised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why Work at Fidelity?
We are proud to berecipients of the following:
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers (5th consecutive year) 2021
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (9th consecutive year) 2021
- Canada’s Top Family Friendly Employer (4th consecutive year) 2021
- Imagine Canada, Caring Company
- Canada’s Top Employer For Young People 2021
- National HR Awards - Best Corporate Social Responsibility Program Award, Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award
- Workplace Benefits Awards – Health and Wellness Program
- Canadian Compassionate Companies Award
- A Canadian Compassionate Company
- An Imagine Canada Caring Company